My Free Phantom replacement arrived

Reaction score
So, after a fly away and lost Phantom (http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1514) I got my free replacement from DJI Germany(which was much more than I expected). It's the newer version with the sprung transmitter. Does anyone know of any other changes in the Phantom? As in, did they give it any new version of the NAZA or anything else that's different from the original older model I got?

It would be nice to think they've replaced some parts to try and resolve this flyaway issue.

Not sure on the updated Naza but congratulations on replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edunwody said:
Not sure on the updated Naza but congratulations on replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I'm very happy to have/get it.
I'll calibrate etc later and maybe a short test flight tomorrow to test it out. I'm hesitant to do any longer or higher flights until my GPS tracker arrives this week.

Which GPS tracker did you order? Was thinking about this, too. Still unsure which device to get.

DJI Europe is a far better place than DJI North America.

I didn't get any assistance when I lost the first one. Not even an answer to an email.

My second one, well documented and outlined in a video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLRwOeeHdlg

Got nothing either.

Even after Photography Bay tried to demonstrate the issue, DJI USA ignored them.

Really very frustrating.

I am glad for you though. Congrats.

Darren

Mike_muc said:
Which GPS tracker did you order? Was thinking about this, too. Still unsure which device to get.

I've ordered a "Garmin GTU 10", a generic looking "Mini Global GPS Tracker" from amazon and two extremely small GPS trackers from China.
I'm certain the Garmin GTU 10 is the best but its also not the smallest so I'll be testing them all to see which works best. I might even take apart some of the cheaper ones and see about putting them inside the Phantom and test them that way as well.

I've also got some RFID based long range trackers I'll be testing. They would only be good for finding it within 150-300 meters (prob a lot less realistically) but may be useful to find the Phantom in long grass or trees etc. They also make a beep sound so that'll help as well.This is all just for testing, I wont have them all on the phantom at once :)

Its an expensive way to do it I suppose but I'll be posting my findings on the forum here so at least others wont have to buy them to test them :)

Retroman said:
Mike_muc said:

I've ordered a "Garmin GTU 10", a generic looking "Mini Global GPS Tracker" from amazon and two extremely small GPS trackers from China.
I'm certain the Garmin GTU 10 is the best but its also not the smallest so I'll be testing them all to see which works best. I might even take apart some of the cheaper ones and see about putting them inside the Phantom and test them that way as well.

I've also got some RFID based long range trackers I'll be testing. They would only be good for finding it within 150-300 meters (prob a lot less realistically) but may be useful to find the Phantom in long grass or trees etc. They also make a beep sound so that'll help as well.This is all just for testing, I wont have them all on the phantom at once :)

Its an expensive way to do it I suppose but I'll be posting my findings on the forum here so at least others wont have to buy them to test them :)

Great idea!

Looking forward to hearing from you about your results!

CameraGuy said:

I didn't get any assistance when I lost the first one. Not even an answer to an email.

Got nothing either.

Even after Photography Bay tried to demonstrate the issue, DJI USA ignored them.

Really very frustrating.

Darren

DJI USA took care of my problem also. I emailed them and asked them to help me understand what may have failed so i could inspect that area in the future. DJI asked me to send to them. they repaired and shipped it back at no charge.

They where slow but in the end they made me a very happy customer. i now have 2 phantoms.

brad90631 said:
CameraGuy said:

Got nothing either.

Really very frustrating.

Darren

DJI USA took care of my problem also. I emailed them and asked them to help me understand what may have failed so i could inspect that area in the future. DJI asked me to send to them. they repaired and shipped it back at no charge.

They where slow but in the end they made me a very happy customer. i now have 2 phantoms.

Wow!! I really find this hard to believe that they would give you a Phantom because your flew away. Congrats.

CameraGuy said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLRwOeeHdlgGot nothing either.Even after Photography Bay tried to demonstrate the issue, DJI USA ignored them.Really very frustrating.I am glad for you though. Congrats.Darren
They where slow but in the end they made me a very happy customer. i now have 2 phantoms.[/quote]

Wow!! I really find this hard to believe that they would give you a Phantom because your flew away. Congrats.[/quote]

Did you tell DJI that your're a Lawyer Pilot ? :lol:

So, just a little extra to add to this story.
My new phantom seems to be working fine but I noticed one of the motors was clicking or making a slight noise(and turning it manually seemed to be different than the others). The Phantom seems to move to the side a bit when flying which can be normal enough so i emailed DJI Europe again.
They got back to me today and are shipping out a new motor for me for free.

Again, a problem with the Phantom but also again DJI coming through with a solution (for free).

Retroman said:
Mike_muc said:

Thank you! The RFID approach is an interesting idea, too.

Grüße,
Mike

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk HD

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4