My FPV

Reaction score
Love the f40, but using the phone for a screen just sucked, so $50 for a 9" nook tablet from craigs list, $8 at lowes for 2 clamps, bar stock, plastic tube and velcro and it works great, solid, easy on/off and the range, as the nook has a great antenna has improved. Very solid and works great

Attachments

• 20140525_145545.png
    20140525_145545.png
    479.8 KB · Views: 528
  • 20140525_145623.png
    20140525_145623.png
    467.4 KB · Views: 530
  • 20140525_145611.png
    20140525_145611.png
    443.1 KB · Views: 598
Excellent

Do you think you are getting better range with the nook compared to phone ?

based on the range I get from a kindle fire compared to a phone I don't doubt you for a second that the range on the nook is probably much further then most phones would get. I'm getting about 350m on the kindle compared to only about 100m tops on an LG smart phone and even getting better range from the kindle then I get from a wifi repeater that maxes out at 300m

I think most wifi tablets are meant to get good wifi range while a phone is not meant to if it keeps someone one from having to use there paid phone service as much.

I guess you had to side load the app ?

Where did you find app to download it ?

I have found a cheap 7" nook and hopefully that is now on route to me.

No to the sideload, went to google play and it downloaded just like it was an android

That nook picture looks great. I had heard people saying that the fc40 software image got distorted when it was blown up larger then 5 or 6 inches. From your pic that does not seem correct. I have ordered the 7" Kindle fire hd ($85.00 ebay) because of the dual antenna's, sounds like the cheapest way to help increase my distance. I also have a wifi extender that can be placed a long way out and might help my survey a much larger area. The first thing I want tho, is a better screen then my Galaxy s4 phone and a better grip on the battery. Hopefully the kindle tablet will make it easy to see where I am and where I am heading, then the timers and buzzers should take care of the other issues.

I'll have to give this a try seeing a have a rooted nook collecting dust.

I did once try out the nook for FPV, but it's true the image isn't that great at a large resolution, but it was better than using my phone and it also had a slightly better range.

Amazon has used 7" Android tablets for about $50. I don't know how their wifi sensitivity compares to the Kindle Fire, though.

Not really sure about the image being distorted, my nook is the HD version and it seems fine

Same here on the kindle. The image is fine and way more clear then on the smart phone. and the kindle is not even the hd version.

Tho the live video stream is still a little choppy and not as clear as it is when playing the videos back after they are recorded they look as great as they do on my computer. But the phone is the same way with the live video and yet still dont look all that great when played back.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic