My first video...ever Please critique

Reaction score
This is my first video. I found this little Pond while out and about trying to find a wide open space to practice. Decided to come back at sunset and do some filming.

I take ANY and all critiques, and advice. I am stuck with iMovie for a while. I really wish I could have used a gradient to reduce some of the sky's exposure but I couldn't figure it out in iMovie.

Shot in 4K exported in 1080P

Reactions: DirtyHarry
Kind of jumpy for me. You seem to be all over the place with your shot splits. Great first try tho! I'm like you I'm learning too. Using imovie. I only get better with experience. Made a few videos so far.

There is a great teacher on YouTube. David A. Cox is his name. Free great video how to. I watched his videos on Pixelmator, imovie and mac os.

Check out a few of my videos if you want ideas..

I need to work on my stick movements and be less jerky. Also I need to remember to shoot in 50 or 60 fps. When I do slow motion shot I forget that it makes my video choppy. Heh.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
Thanks for the input. That's what I was thinking as well. (Jumping around too much)

I was attempting to make the video less boring...long shots make me lose interest quick. Maybe I'll try speeding the clip up to cut to different shots next time.

I'll watch those vids thanks

To improve my Yawing I made a simple stick adjustment. I unscrewed the left stick a bit and raised the lower have to meet the upper part that was now raised due to the unscrewing. The stick is now slightly higher than the right. The advantage to this is it now takes a bit less movement when I yaw. Resulting in a very smooth transition in the yaw. I also lowered the rudder to 35 in the Gain section. These adjustments improved the yaw immensely.

Reactions: AndrewCCM
Thanks for the input. That's what I was thinking as well. (Jumping around too much)

I was attempting to make the video less boring...long shots make me lose interest quick. Maybe I'll try speeding the clip up to cut to different shots next time.

Using your editing software, try Transitions when switching your scenes.

I tried transitions but they seemed to mess up the flow more than anything. Maybe I used the wrong ones.

great videos. beautiful locations.

agree with the the shorter shots versus longer..

i need more practice with better flying techniques to reduce jerky footage

link to my first video in the signature.

keep up the good work guys - looks great!

That was the polar pro landing gear. It was really windy that day...about 20mph winds. I took them off after the first battery. That was the only clip I couldn't crop them out of because I accidentally split the clip and didn't realize it. Then I got lazy and didn't want to go find it again.

I agree. I stop watching at 1:20. At that point, I got the whole picture, and it began to get boring. Not to be mean to u, it is what we all do to cover each others back, to help one another. I'm sure, I'll get the same when I have that chance to post my video.

Not bad, some complain about jerkiness but I didn't find that to be too much of an issue and I tend to be a critique of quick cuts. I wonder why this is in 720P when the P3P can shoot 4K -- the reduction in detail is large. I would probably try to NOT include the industrial buildings in the background as it clashes with the subject. As to length, I'm not one to get bent out of shape because a video lasts more than 3 frames so I'd be about the last one to say it should be shorter. OTH, it might have been better to get a bit lower and check out the place close up and do that in 4K -- then the length should be less of an issue.

Brian

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4