My first panorama

Reaction score
My first panorama using Litchi (the automatic panorama feature), Hugin pano stitcher, and 360Cities. Took many attempts to learn how to properly use Hugin, but I'm really happy with the results for my first shot at doing this. I'm also extremely impressed with Hugin, especially considering it's a free program.

Cornelius Road Park

Last edited:
How many pics did Litchi take?

Nice btw

Thanks! I had Litchi set to do three rows, 8 photos per row. And it took two additional photos with the camera pointed straight down. So 26 total.

My first panorama using Litchi (the automatic panorama feature), Hugin pano stitcher, and 360Cities. Took many attempts to learn how to properly use Hugin, but I'm really happy with the results for my first shot at doing this. I'm also extremely impressed with Hugin, especially considering it's a free program.

Cornelius Road Park
I just got Litchi last week and am having terrible drift with it when trying to shoot panoramas. My P3A refuses to stay in one spot with even the slightest amount of wind. I've got a discussion started over on their Google Group about it, but I'm curious if you've experienced the same problem. What version of firmware are you using and are you on Android or iOS?

Thanks!

Cornelius Road Park
How do you get it

I just got Litchi last week and am having terrible drift with it when trying to shoot panoramas. My P3A refuses to stay in one spot with even the slightest amount of wind. I've got a discussion started over on their Google Group about it, but I'm curious if you've experienced the same problem. What version of firmware are you using and are you on Android or iOS?

Thanks!

Latest firmware for my bird, and the latest version of Litchi for Android. I made another panorama today at a different location. Hugin had more problems with stitching it, but the results were still pretty good - just a few places that don't quite line up.

How do you get it

Buy Litchi, read the manual on how to use the panorama mode, download Hugin and run the resulting photos through the program (use the automatic features: align, center, fit, straighten), create the panorama, use a photo editor to make sure the height of the resulting panorama is EXACTLY one half the width, upload to 360cities.net. You'll probably have to play with Hugin some to get used to it. It works well but isn't super-intuitive at first.

Thanks to the posters above regarding using Litchi and Hugin.
My goal is to use Litchi/Hugin to create 360 degree panoramas.
Using Litchi, I've successfully shot and downloaded jpeg images - I've shot 3 rows of 8 photos per row and also rwo extra images (images 25 & 26) perhaps I need to shoot more photos per row?.
The problem comes when I load the 26 images into Hugin. The images load into Hugin but are upside down - don't know why. When I go to try to "Align", I always get an error saying there are no control points. If I proceed to "Create a Panorama", the resulting image is all messed up.
When Hugin imports images, is it supposed arrange those images such that they all overlap properly?
If I use the PTGui trial app, I can import, align, stitch and output a perfect panorama using the same images that Hugin won't take. I'm close to deleting the Hugin, pay my $91 to PTGui for a license and just use it - at least I know it'll work.

If for no other reason than not having to buy a piece of software, I'd like to give Hugin one or two more chances. Any help just getting the images imported and aligned in Hugin would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
^...hijack?

Cornelius Road Park
Is this spherical 360° x 180° ? I'm an idiot when it comes to panos :cool:

Cornelius Road Park
How did you fix upside down Hugin pano?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl