My first mission over the mile...(encountered lost connection)

Reaction score
Well I finally got the opportunity to get out and fly in the open area. Here in Panama City, they built a new International airport and so the old airport is deserted and obviously wide open. The only possible obstructions was a 100ft tree line just to the right about 3-400 yards out. I used Litchi waypoint to fly the mission and my line of sight seemed to be clear of those trees. Well I maxed altitude at 201 feet and all was fine until I was about 6200 ft out and I got the Litchi disconnect notice. Initially I still had video but eventually on the way back, I lost video also. I somewhat froze and wasn't sure what to do once it disconnected, but I could still see in video, it was still flying the programmed mission (undoubtedly a must have feature). I closed and re-opened Litchi, then I disconnected cable and reconnected it, finally on about the last 300 yard in, it reconnected, and boy what a joy to see her whizzing back home. The Litchi program that continues which the flight,j worked like a charm. What I want to ask is what should you due immediately upon disconnect? If I wasn't in a Litchi waypoint mission, things would have been a lot different and I want to be comfortable in my choices if faced with lost connection ever occurs again, which I know it will. I do have DBS mod installed. Thanks for your advice in advance.
5f1bbc8bd821f57175027127f4ff28b0.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
If you are using Litchi, you should not panic as there could be many reasons for losing the connection. Have patience and check orientation of antenna. Directional antennas need special care for orientation. May be move slightly away to avoid any ground interference but keep antenna properly oriented.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31