My first Litchi disappointment...

Reaction score
I threw the P3A into my backpack, jumped on my dirtbike and headed to a remote location to video the remains of a cabin. My intentions were to fly an orbit mission around the cabin.
Unfortunately, I did not have cell service at the cabin site and my Litchi v2.6.5 would not connect. I had to resort to using the DJi Go app. Not being familiar with the Go app, I tried to manually fly a half orbit, with less than stellar results.

Do later versions of Litchi require a network connection to authenticate or did I miss something?

DJI GO has an Orbit (Point of Interest) funtion if you flip over to F-Mode.

Do later versions of Litchi require a network connection to authenticate or did I miss something?

N6,

You should only need to have a connection the first time you connect with Litchi. After that it should connect automatically unless they've changed something.

Jerry

Far as I know, it is for the first initial opening of Litchi so Litchi can update DJI servers.

After that it's set camera parameters in DJI, open Litchi and close DJI Go app and have at er.

Disclaimer......I only have the iOS beta version for testing.

Thanks for all the info. I am aware that DJi Go has orbit mode, but have only use Go once or twice, Litchi is my preferred flight app.

Yes, zero service at the cabin, never connected during several attempts. Got back to camp, 2 bars of 4G and Litchi worked flawlessly. It's baffling.

I almost exclusively use my wifi-only tablet with litchi. No service ever anywhere. I create the mission on PC, tweak it on the tablet thereby loading the map to the cache in the Litchi app and once on site no problems. About 50 missions or so done just as I described.

Yes, I believe if you configure a mission in the area while you have WiFi then that map will be cached...

Yes I believe Litchi only needs Internet when you first install it, or sometimes when you upgrade it. My pre-flight checklist includes turning Airplane mode on my phone, so I don't ever have cell or WiFi data while flying.

Litchi is a little finicky.. The developer says you only need to authenticate once EVER, but I don't think that's the case. I have had the same issue as the OP where I tried the app and worked. A new battery, 50meters down the road, and a only few minutes later, Litchi could not start as it was requesting for authentication. My phone did not have reception that time. It's frustrating as you have to revert back the GO app and you forget how to use a few of the functions..

Reactions: No Lemon
Litchi is a little finicky.. The developer says you only need to authenticate once EVER, but I don't think that's the case. I have had the same issue as the OP where I tried the app and worked. A new battery, 50meters down the road, and a only few minutes later, Litchi could not start as it was requesting for authentication. My phone did not have reception that time. It's frustrating as you have to revert back the GO app and you forget how to use a few of the functions..
This has often been my experience as well.

So now that you have been back within service, can you now go back to that spot without it? Or does Litchi not work there at all?

In 3.0.3 we made an adjustment with the license check, so you should no longer see that issue, which is caused by Litchi thinking you have a working connection and proceeding with the license check when in fact you don't have a working connection, so the license check fails and locks you out.

In 3.0.3 we made an adjustment with the license check, so you should no longer see that issue, which is caused by Litchi thinking you have a working connection and proceeding with the license check when in fact you don't have a working connection, so the license check fails and locks you out.

Thanks, I would like to upgrade to 3.0.3 and put this issue behind me, but will 3.0.3 work with my 1.04.0010 firmware?

I have a severe aversion to upgrading anything, if it is working 'OK' now.

Thanks, I would like to upgrade to 3.0.3 and put this issue behind me, but will 3.0.3 work with my 1.04.0010 firmware?
It will work for the most part but not everything (for example you may have issues with Pano etc). We only really support the latest firmware.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues