My First flight

Reaction score
So I got myself a Phantom 3 Pro second hand with just 6 hours flight time so after doing my homework and using the tranning app decided it was time to fly .
The first day was way to windy with 30km winds I just wasn't going to risk it !
So two days later the wind is died down to 20 km and I really want to play, so of I headed to the nearest flat clearing in my area , the nerves kicked in so I put the P3 in to beginner mode did the start up procedures and DJI dance and I was ready.Take of was good but soon found out i will need a Sun shade for the ipad mini ,I was suprised just how easy it was to fly as i was worried about the direction and getting confused using the Yaw, I spent 15 mins just getting used to it did a few practice landings in the wind that did scare me a little but i didn't need to worry at all it lands wonderfully , next was the RTH practice .
The next day was still a little windy at 15km and this time I wanted to fly from my front yard to video the house and knew their only a 5 meter clearing between the tree canopys , taking of was not a worry and got the bird up high over the power lines and trees a did the video when it come time to land the wind had picked up so I decided to use RTH to land this is when i seen it head toward the tree canopy so i took over and landed safely, I am going to go out to the clearing and spend a good few hours just flying and landing, etc . I think i'm hooked on this thing and

you can also fly in home lock mode much easier to fly that way

Reactions: Andy Hasler

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik