My first Flight with Ground Station

Can you set a 'point of interest' on the ground station so that it will allow the quadcopter to move from waypoint to waypoint while allowing the camera is aim at the subject?

Fdnyfish said:
no point of interest, but you can tell it which way to point while going to each waypoint

I'd like to know how you achieved this as in my experience the phantom always flies nose first towards the next waypoint

Xcopter said:
Fdnyfish said:
no point of interest, but you can tell it which way to point while going to each waypoint

Thanks. I would be interested to see how the direction is set.

When you are setting the waypoint, there is an option for Orientation. Basically, you can direct your Phantom to point N-S-E-W. GS shows orientation in 90 degree increments.

Fdnyfish said:
rcountfl said:
What is that just below waypoint 1? Looks like a garden.. Great video thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My neighbor has a bunch of fruit trees planted
Great video... wonder when DJI wil release for P2V? Thanks for sharing.

Still scratching my head on the GS. I've had one for a few weeks but haven't had the time to put it on. The ground station loads waypoints into the air device and that what flys the phantom. Is the air device transmitting (at 2.4 ghz) back to the GS real time during the flight giving speed, altitude and position data? If so, what happens when you take control back with your transmitter? The air device does not interfere with the receiver in the phantom? Also, if you were to just fly under manual control, can the GS still transmit position data?

Guess I need to get this thing going. Looks like a blast.

I also saw a video here somewhere where the guy actually recorded the iPad display on his iPad. It was pretty neat. Unfortunately you have to have a jail broken ipad to do this and as far as I know there is no untethered jailbreak for iOS 7.1 yet

jondrew said:
Still scratching my head on the GS. I've had one for a few weeks but haven't had the time to put it on. The ground station loads waypoints into the air device and that what flys the phantom. Is the air device transmitting (at 2.4 ghz) back to the GS real time during the flight giving speed, altitude and position data? If so, what happens when you take control back with your transmitter? The air device does not interfere with the receiver in the phantom? Also, if you were to just fly under manual control, can the GS still transmit position data?

I also saw a video here somewhere where the guy actually recorded the iPad display on his iPad. It was pretty neat. Unfortunately you have to have a jail broken ipad to do this and as far as I know there is no untethered jailbreak for iOS 7.1 yet

Yeah, the GS is a really interesting beast. It's a transceiver on both ends, as you send data (real-time joystick controls, new waypoints, etc.) and receive telemetry at the same time. It's designed not to interfere with the 2.4ghz of your control channel, and it seems to work just fine when I take back control - I flip the switch and GS confims "ATTI mode." I haven't tried manual mode, but the GPS is active and tracking at all times in all modes. It's just not using the data for positioning in Man.

I love that the GS is actually a BTU extender as well. Using GS, you can connect to your Phantom with the iOS Naza Assistant app, so you don't need a separate BTU on the quad.

jondrew said:

You don't need a jail broken iPad to record it - app called REFLECTOR

ElGuano said:
Yeah, the GS is a really interesting beast. It's a transceiver on both ends, as you send data (real-time joystick controls, new waypoints, etc.) and receive telemetry at the same time. It's designed not to interfere with the 2.4ghz of your control channel, and it seems to work just fine when I take back control - I flip the switch and GS confims "ATTI mode." I haven't tried manual mode, but the GPS is active and tracking at all times in all modes. It's just not using the data for positioning in Man.

I love that the GS is actually a BTU extender as well. Using GS, you can connect to your Phantom with the iOS Naza Assistant app, so you don't need a separate BTU on the quad.

Thanks! Decent info on this thing is hard to find. I decided I'd get one and if I didn't like it ship it back to Amazon. Of course now it's past 30 days so that can't happen. But from what I see I wouldn't want to send it back. By the time I get this and my flytrex mounted I'll be lucky if my P2 can take off!

Yep, the "air end" unit with the included CANBus cable is 38g, not extremely light.

I was thinking about removing the metal case around it to save weight, but I noticed that it get REALLY WARM when turned on...like no joke; so I'm not messing with the heatsink.

There's something oddly awesome about flying via ipad though. You have virtual joysticks under your fingers and a real-time map/telemetry right there.

ElGuano said:
Yep, the "air end" unit with the included CANBus cable is 38g, not extremely light.

I was thinking about removing the metal case around it to save weight, but I noticed that it get REALLY WARM when turned on...like no joke; so I'm not messing with the heatsink.

There's something oddly awesome about flying via ipad though. You have virtual joysticks under your fingers and a real-time map/telemetry right there.

With all my junk I'm at 1340 g right now. The air end unit and a flytrex should bring me close to 1400g.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers