My first "almost" crash

Reaction score
So, i went for morning flight around my neighborhood following water channel on FPV when all the sudden something went wrong. What happen i figured when i got home and replay video clip.
It look like i hit one of the tree (top side branches) and copter collapsed but regained control. I was so lucky, because that was only part wit not frozen surface, so my copter would end up in frozen water :)

http://youtu.be/Xc9ILyEJUww

yes you are lucky, this would've been a fly away post if it didn't recover :lol:

Were you flying FPV or by looking at it? The reason I ask is that you crabbed into the tree, and if an FPV view (if the same as the view from your camera) didn't have the tree top in the FOV, you were doomed because you couldn't see where you were going. If you were flying close to trees, any inability to see in the actual direction of travel is a HUGE worry. DJI says backing into objects while FPV flying (now against THE RULES), is in the top 10 crash causes. You have a variation of "backing up" (out of view!) LOL.

If you were watching from the ground, you screwed up. LOL. In any case, I'm glad things didn't turn out worse.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl