My First 3 MILE Flight !

Reaction score
Fellow P3 pilots...

I have been bitten by the long-range FPV bug. I was intending to build a Tarot 650 quad with a Dragon Link system for long range FPV when I saw my first P3P flying. The pilot was on only his second flight and was over 1 mile out. I scrapped my plans for the Tarot build and bought my P3P.

Yesterday I managed my personal best flight of over 16K' and return with 23% battery remaining. I was using the FPVLR Advanced antenna system which was rock solid during the entire flight.

DJI P3P 16K Flight.PNG

Wow...super range. Did you fly over Apple's HQ?
No...This flight originated in Sunnyvale and was mostly over water (Alviso Slough / Marina).

This is in the middle of Silicon Valley so we try to avoid areas with high RFI concentration.

Very nice. I for around 14k' the other week with wind surfer.. Was thrilling.

Best I have is 19500 with the wind surfer. How did you manage to get your flight path so straight? Mines is all over the place even in gps mode.

Last edited:
Wow, those wind surfer get you 3 miles? That's great. Now I want some. I get a little drop out at .5 mile

Wow, those wind surfer get you 3 miles? That's great. Now I want some. I get a little drop out at .5 mile

Have you added the config file to get all 32 channels and manually selected a quiet one? This was all i needed to get rock solid FPV at all the distance I have the dangly bits to do.

Best I have is 19500 with the wind surfer. How did you manage to get your flight path so straight? Mines is all over the place even in gps mode.

I fly using specific landmarks that make staying on course pretty easy. I return using the home lock flight mode.

I check the frequency spectrum before each flight and then decide if I am going to be flying in auto of custom modes. When I fly in custom I usually reduce my video bandwidth to 4mb/ps.

Wondering if these kind of ranges are unusual? The other day I pushed my stock P3A to a little over 2.5 miles. Solid signal and still lots of battery so I figure it could have easily did 3 miles, maybe more. So that is with no antenna add-ons, just stock. Wondering if this is unusual range for stock.

Wondering if these kind of ranges are unusual? The other day I pushed my stock P3A to a little over 2.5 miles. Solid signal and still lots of battery so I figure it could have easily did 3 miles, maybe more. So that is with no antenna add-ons, just stock. Wondering if this is unusual range for stock.
Yes it is. I believe the manual States 1.4 miles

I have went out 3 miles on my Stock setup as well.

I'm jealous. We're struggling to get 0.5mile with modified p3standards.
:p
It really depends on location, (LOS_ and interference. I am having good luck with the DBS Mod with good LOS. I couldn't comment on the Standards because there isn't a sufficient record on those yet, but I am sure that the guys will figure out mods and they will start getting some good distance out of those soon.

That was amazing. I seen weak signal but I did not see it on the drone report. Was I over looking something on the web page?

I've flown in an area with no interference to just over 4 miles with 5 bars on video and control using just a windsurfer. It's all about location (and as you get further out, weather conditions). I landed with 20% battery. Here is the flight in healthydrones showing a signal score of 100. HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj