My firmware has been updating for 45 minutes... when do I disconnect?

Reaction score
I know the last thing you want to do is disconnect during a firmware update - but the site said 25 minutes and we're nearly double that. The lights have been blinking this entire time and there's been a whirring sound - but it seems "stuck". Any suggestions?

Is this on the bird of controller? I had the same issue on the controller...waited about an hour and finally powered off the controller. Any that bricked it....Packed it all back up and returned it to UAV-Direct. They will be sending me a new bird and controller. I had no issue with f/w 1.1.6 and f/w 1.1.8 upgraded the bird no problem but seized on the controller. Good luck!

This is on the bird. This cannot be bricked - I have a shoot on Saturday. I followed EVERY single instruction. Had no choice but to update because the live feed won't work without it apparently. I haven't even GOTTEN to the controller yet!

I know the last thing you want to do is disconnect during a firmware update - but the site said 25 minutes and we're nearly double that. The lights have been blinking this entire time and there's been a whirring sound - but it seems "stuck". Any suggestions?
Well either you wait for it to complete until the battery goes to 0% and potentially brick it, or you stop it now and potentially brick it. I've read many posts of people just stopping it and examining the logs for success. I've not heard of anyone bricking the bird. cmyk22 is the only one I've heard of bricking the controller. Mine was done in like 5 mins birdside, and like a minute controller side.

Right when I turned it on - I got the 4 "D D D D" beeps... it started to whir and it started to flash yellow. It said it would take 25 minutes. We're now passing the hour mark nothing has changed. No idea what to do at this point...

Yes, the lights on the bird will be yellow. I assume your controller is turned off?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Well either you wait for it to complete until the battery goes to 0% and potentially brick it, or you stop it now and potentially brick it. I've read many posts of people just stopping it and examining the logs for success. I've not heard of anyone bricking the bird. cmyk22 is the only one I've heard of bricking the controller. Mine was done in like 5 mins birdside, and like a minute controller side.

Alright. Here goes nothing. Not used to my pulse racing with a drone STILL SITTING ON THE FLOOR. Ugh.

Reactions: cmyk22 and bbfpv
I think I'm the only who bricked a controller as well. I cannot find anyone else having problems like I did...go figure. I swear that I followed the exact procedures outlined by DJI and did it the same was as I did the 1.1.6 f/w. Just my luck.

1. Once the upgrade is complete, the sound will switch from "D-D-D-D" to a “D---DD” beeping sound to indicate the update is completed with success. Mine took a few minutes once the bird was powered up.

1. Once the upgrade is complete, the sound will switch from "D-D-D-D" to a “D---DD” beeping sound to indicate the update is completed with success. Mine took a few minutes once the bird was powered up.

Yeah, it's been over an hour. I turned it off. How do I get to the txt file? My PC recognized it - but I'm not seeing how I can get to the .txt files.

Also - it's just flashing yellow like crazy...

I just did mine earrlier and I was waiting for the beeps to stop thinking it would stop when the update was done and so i let it go 40mins and then I decided it had to either be done or it failed but it did up date and worked. The beeps were some what different to and also the light on the gimbal stopped blinking.

The controller was a lot faster and easier to know it was done and was about 5 minutes. Tho it takes about a full minute before it starts on the controller. So when you get to doing the controller just wait and then it will start doing its thing and then it will start beeping and the lights will flash. Then when its done it will change the deep and the lights will be different to.

It will be beeping constantly during the update. And when the update is completed.
If it was not beeping, then it was not updating.

check to be sure the .bin file was in the root of the card.

I just did mine earrlier and I was waiting for the beeps to stop thinking it would stop when the update was done and so i let it go 40mins and then I decided it had to either be done or it failed but it did up date and worked. The beeps were some what different to and also the light on the gimbal stopped blinking.

The controller was a lot faster and easier to know it was done and was about 5 minutes. Tho it takes about a full minute before it starts on the controller. So when you get to doing the controller just wait and then it will start doing its thing and then it will start beeping and the lights will flash. Then when its done it will change the deep and the lights will be different to.

How do I check if it's working? And how do I get these damned yellow lights to stop flashing. LOL

Yeah, it's been over an hour. I turned it off. How do I get to the txt file? My PC recognized it - but I'm not seeing how I can get to the .txt files.

Also - it's just flashing yellow like crazy...
Open the mounted drive it created on your computer and look in the root of the card.

Open the mounted drive it created on your computer and look in the root of the card.

It didn't create a mounted drive.... I used the SD card. Plugged it into my card reader - unzipped the folder onto it, then put it back in the bird and turned it on. When I put it back in the computer - absolutely no .txt files were there.

So instead of extracting all downloaded files into the root - should I just have put the .bin file into the root?!?!? Maybe I should just try it again?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.