My FC40 stops short when I use “Home Lock” to bring the bird back.

Reaction score
I was out around 1,000’ at an altitude of about 150’. I switched to Home Lock and pulled the right stick back. It was pretty windy so it took a while to come home, but it flew a very direct course despite a strong crosswind.

I was slowly descending so it would arrive home at about 6’ above the ground.

The problem occurred about 100’ away, when my FC40 slowly came to a stop. When it stopped I looked at the controller to make sure I was still pulling on the right stick, and yep I was. I released the stick and pulled it down again, and it came home.

I have had this happen on other occasions as well.

Anyone have thoughts as to why it would stop?
Is there a timer on the controller or within NAZA which ceases input if a stick isn’t moved for a certain period of time?

EDIT #1:
Thanks Meta4
http://www.phantompilots.com/thread...ected-take-off-hazard-–-mike.7231/#post-57386

Last edited:
Reactions: IflyinWY
I was out around 1,000’ at an altitude of about 150’. I switched to Home Lock and pulled the right stick back. It was pretty windy so it took a while to come home, but it flew a very direct course despite a strong crosswind.

I was slowly descending so it would arrive home at about 6’ above the ground.

The problem occurred about 100’ away, when my FC40 slowly came to a stop. When it stopped I looked at the controller to make sure I was still pulling on the right stick, and yep I was. I released the stick and pulled it down again, and it came home.

I have had this happen on other occasions as well.

Anyone have thoughts as to why it would stop?
Is there a timer on the controller or within NAZA which ceases input if a stick isn’t moved for a certain period of time?

EDIT #1:
Thanks Meta4
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/caution-dji-naza-v2-gps-unexpected-take-off-hazard-–-mike.7231/#post-57386

Your Receiver Advanced Protection is enabled. When enabled and your stick position is maintained without movement more than 20 seconds motion will stop. This can be changed in NAZA Assistant under Basic/ RC.

Reactions: IflyinWY
Sorry I see it has already been answered. Just noticed your Edit #1.
That's quite alright. You've summed it up nicely. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20