My Facebook Live stream looks terrible, how about yours?

I've tried Facebook Live and my video quality was:

• Good

• Average

• Poor

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
Hey, guys. I wanted to know if anyone else has tried the Facebook Live feature and how it looked for you. I tried it for the first time tonight and the results were pretty bad. Feed was real choppy and image quality was terrible. Drone was at varying distances from me and that didn't seem to affect the feed in any way so I'm not sure if my cellular strength on my phone has anything to do with it.

Has anyone else tried this feature with better or similar results? Would love to know more.

How does this feature work?

If you are away from home or a wifi hotspot then yes your cell phone coverage plays a huge part. The youtube live stream and periscope streaming suffers from the same issue. Not only do you have the video downlink quality from the Phantom 3 but you have the upload speed of your cell phone connection.

Might be worth testing your connection with speedtest.net or its smartphone app before you pick your location and for at least 2mbps, preferably higher for the upload speed.

On wifi or verizon lte (35/20mbps) I got choppy and crappy youtube live feed. Haven't tried it in awhile but I'll try Facebook today or tomorrow!

Where is the facebook live option ? . All i have on mine is youtube .. i have re installed the app i have 2.8.0. I have a phantom 3 advanced

iOS only.

I used it last night for giggles. I had 4 viewers!!! yay!!

Video quality was... eh - However my ******* forgot to turn off wifi so I was bumming off the internet from my home. Did not capture a data count. Will do next time!

Where is the facebook live option ? . All i have on mine is youtube .. i have re installed the app i have 2.8.0. I have a phantom 3 advanced
Go to status and then the little man icon with the circles around him next to the camera icon.....

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    675.9 KB · Views: 1,033
I tried it in Kazakhstan. The quality was pretty good. I had 80 viewers for over half a hour and I could see their comments pop up on screen. Granted the cell service is actually better than most places in the states, which seems crazy.

I tried it in Kazakhstan. The quality was pretty good. I had 80 viewers for over half a hour and I could see their comments pop up on screen. Granted the cell service is actually better than most places in the states, which seems crazy.
Did you have a 30 minute battery?

In my feed I have gotten about 2 frames/second but perfect audio. I had hardware decoding disabled on an iPhone 6 plus no wifi with good cell reception.. I am going to try turning it back on and try again.

It looked great when I joined my phones hotspot. The next time I tried, it was still on wifi and was terrible. Mind you I was in my backyard, and wifi on my phone and tablet are terrible. I'm lucky it even worked.

Sorry I didn't clarify. It wasn't 30 min of flight time I was broadcasting before I took off and after I landed for a total of 30 min. I was using my iPhone 6s. Here's a screen capture of my cell speed here.
a11b8fc3e433ff2ccc1e8a8d0205fcfd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

**** those are crappy speeds. But far more than what's required for live stream I think (upload).

I can't remember the last time I saw 3G service

It uploads the 720p feed you see on the tablet screen and you dont need to hit the record button, but its a shame you can't also see the telemetry as well - that would be a nice option for you to turn on or off - in a future update??

Maybe I was still on our wifi but like most said, it's all part of how good your connection is.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Ok guys - let make clean topics ,i need filming settings 720Hd 30 frame - respect the 720 and will have good video

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers