My Experience with DJI Support has been excellent so far

Reaction score
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XV7iFThWLi2wTyjh7tIfFLsC3EqEy3wc/view?usp=sharing

I ended up sending on my P4P for a gimbal issue (see above)

I was kinda nervous because Ive seen a lot of negativity towards DJI Support, but I must say my experience has been quite the opposite.

I opted for live chat via their website instead of a phone call (highly recommended) and was able to send my dropbox link. As guessed, they asked me to send in for a good diagnosis, which I complied.

IMG_7935.jpg

This was their diagnosis. Today i received an email with a tracking number saying it was on its way back to me. I sent it off Mon, Jan 29th, and today is 8 days later. That is service if you ask me. And since it only took two days to get to them, id say ill have it back in 10 days total round trip. I have no complaints,and wanted to share this so others can have hope. Thanks for reading.

Like you, over the past few months I’ve had nothing but a positive experience with DJI. Compared to last year around the same time, it took DJI Support almost a month to respond to a simple question and/or concern.

Reactions: DKG13CC
Update: I received my bird back today. This is definitely my RC because of the extra padding i added to the mount. However, the drone is a different serial number, and not a refurb. It appears they have sent me a brand new unit, it prompted me to activate the drone’s one year warranty, and gave me the option to purchase Care.

I've had pretty good experiences too.
1. P4 had a yo-yo problem at about 1 month old, going up and down without commands. They replaced the craft with a new one. Turns out the real problem was the gimbal guard I had installed, but removed when I sent it in. They apparently didn't test it, they only looked at the flight data. Took 2wks.
2. P4 had a cracked body around the battery hole when it was 262 days old. They replaced the craft with a new one. Took 9 days.
3. Mavic developed a gimbal problem for no reason, would complete the boot quick check. They replaced the craft with a new (after arguing with them I shouldn't have to pay a refresh fee) Took 3.5wks
4. P4P had a gimbal vibration fresh out of the box. They repaired the gimbal and didn't touch my firmware, yay. Took 2.5wks.

Out of 4 craft from DJI in 3yrs, only my P3P has never had warranty work.

Reactions: DKG13CC
I also had a great experience with them too. Last march I crashed my drone at 90 feet and it fell to the ground. Total pilot error. No insurance cover or refresh was taken out. The camera was snapped, landing gears busted, shell busted, etc... The price I had to pay? £90.

And yet the serial number on the drone and camera was different. There is no letter "R" on any of them numbers so I am guessing its brand new too. And I always get through live chat in under 2 mins.

Reactions: slbynum and DKG13CC
Well crap. Thought Id update this with my most recent run-in

So, my P4P RC stopped holding a charge well around June (i dont fly it much anymore with the other drones I have, so Im not sure what happened). It was still in warranty so I sent in the RC and received an email that it would be around $90 to fix my controller. I questioned as to why i was being asked to pay (quite cordially might I add) and they disputed it for me, and decided to honor warranty. Here I am a week later on the first flight, after Ive fully charged the RC and I get the wild beeping of “controller battery low”. Now Im out of the warranty period and havent gotten a clear response from them so Im getting irritated.

Last edited:
I have to say that lately the support provided has been terrible.

I believe that most of the people on the other end of the line don’t have a clue of their own products.

I just received my P4P+ Obsidian after two weeks only to find out that the Follow Me mode issue is related to both the firmware and the DJI Go 4 App. In addition, when they sent me back my Phantom they did not include a report as to what tests were conducted, if any.

I’m starting to think that DJI Support is going back to where they were a year ago and that is not good!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik