My drone journey has and is still having challenges.

I get the message loud and clear, just making sure there was nothing else.
Expensive learning curve this droning. lol
Trying to source parts seems diificult. It appears they want you to always get it repaired at their service centers for quality control and safety. I don't have that sort of dollars for a toy that doesn't earn. :) I have difficulty with deterioating eyesight from almost 50 years of type 1 diabetes, and the sensitivity and dexterity of my hands and fingers from a serious firey aircraft work place accident 11 years ago make it difficult to fix stuff now. :(
Thanks everyone for taking the time to coach me along, much appreciated.

Aussie Paul. :)

Attachments

• d 30 December 2007.jpg
    d 30 December 2007.jpg
    373.7 KB · Views: 137
  • aa 13 November 2007  pc.jpg
    aa 13 November 2007 pc.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 152
  • aa 8 November 2007 - Copy.JPG
    aa 8 November 2007 - Copy.JPG
    220.8 KB · Views: 156
The answer is clear to see in the flight data.
You are starting with a battery that's been sitting around discharging for some time.
At the start it shows 49% but unless the battery is fully charged this indication is false.

Before taking off, the cell voltage is 3.8 volts - much lower than a fully charged battery.
As soon as you launch (00:06.3) the cell voltage has dropped to 3.3 volts which is critical low voltage !!
But the poor Phantom is pushed to climb and at 00:20 the voltage is now 3.0 volts.
This can only end badly.
And it does, crashing to the ground at 00:31.4.
Any data after that can largely be ignored.
Because of the crash it's putting out lots of crazy data.

The only factor in this incident is launching with a battery that was almost empty.
The flight was doomed from the start.
This is exactly right. I did same thing last month took a battery that said 60% and figured was good for short flight. Headed over a 5 acre pond to my destination then it went to critical battery and started to descend. I was lucky and was able to clear pond but learned lesson fortunately not the hard way.

Ok, so my new battery must be a dud. :( I had not used that battery myself, only charged it ready for the outing. I have ordered shells and now need to find an OFDM board hopefully in Australia. Any Aussie have a recomendation. Trying to get part numbers and parts is like chasing hens teeth. lol. :)
Today I was able to, I'm hoping without causing any damage, remove the top shell.

Some folks tend to treat a battery as a tank of gas (petrol) in a car. Do a quick flight then do another with a partially charged battery. In your case a 49% battery with voltage that was below operating efficiency. May I recommend after a flight and upon landing, remove the depleted battery and install a freshly charged one or recharge the battery if you only have one. Also verify your battery voltage in DJI Go app before take off and never fly on a battery that has started to auto discharge.

Sorry to hear that your bird went down, hope you get it back up in the air soon.

I think it's best to let the batteries cool off and not throw them right back on the charger
Definitely good practice. The charge circuit won’t operate as a failsafe if the temperature is too high however there is evidence, based on what is known about the characteristics of LiION chemistry, that charging closer to 20deg C will provide increased life to the cells than to charge at elevated temperatures.

Ok People, thank you. I now have the pcb and now waiting for the shells to arrive as well as a mobile phone screwer drive set. Then I will slowly start putting it back together. Still trying to sort the P 2 that is in another thread for mine.

I have a flyable P 2 without gimbal and camera and I have just had a few mins to keep in practice and deplete the battery ready for charging.

Attachments

• Thumbs up.jpg
    Thumbs up.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 99

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member