My Drone Is Fixed!

Reaction score
After going through about 6-7 months of nothing but problems with my new Phantom, trying to calibrate it and seeing a yellow light come on the controller every time I calibrated the Phantom, I sent it to a DJI authorized repair shop, then DJI themselves - only to get it back with the same inability to calibrate it.

Then this weekend, after the trip to DJI, (using the new $100 controller I had to buy for it, because no one knew how to fix the calibration problem), I flew it several times and finally linked my new Samsung tablet to it and actually SAW something from the camera!!!! BUT, I had no gimble control (AGAIN!!!) so I took it home to calibrate it, thinking that that might do the trick.

WRONG!!! When I calibrated it again that **** yellow light came on the controller and I had no control of the drone, the gimble didn't work and the props wouldn't fire up! The drone was essentially electronic scrap metal!!!!

BUT WAIT - THERE'S MORE!!!!!!

After fooling around for over 6 months on the Net I ran across a post here on the Phantom Forum last night about uavrepairshop.com in St. Paul, Minn. I gave them (Hani) a call today (Sunday) at about 9am and was surprised to hear a voice on the phone! Hani has his own software that allows him to take remote control of your computer and fix your Phantom problems REMOTELY!!!!!

I swear - the guy is a GENIUS!!!! As in the God of drones!!! And I'm not going to say how much he charged me, but if you can afford a nice dinner fro two at a mediocre restaurant, then THIS is the guy to call!!!!

Guys PLEASE, if your drone is messed up save your time and money and let Hani fix it for you. You will be smiles ahead and won't have your drone sitting in a warehouse for 3 months while someone FIGURES OUT how to fix it.

Hani, I love ya!!!!!!
Ps: I spelled his name phonetically, so please forgive me Hani if I messed it up!!!

Wholly click-bait title Batman ;)

So, how exactly did Hani fix your Phantom from your computer? What wasn't setup properly?

Reactions: dirkclod and 750r
He made another rant/thread about his problem . It seems a lot of people do not understand the steps needed taken to calibrate . Anyhow glade he fixed it for ya .

Reactions: dirkclod
True. I'm trying to understand how Hani fixed it from a computer. He must really be a magician ;)

Ya' got me by the Nads dude! He had me download a remote access program that allows him to see what's going on in your Phantom and he FIXED it!!! CHEAP!!!! FAST!!! On the phone!!!!

The monster question is, why can't (or won't) DJI do this? It would be horribly embarrassing for them to admit they don't know how!!! And I realize that selling drones makes them money, but doesn't keeping people happy allow them to sell MORE drones?

Apparently they haven't learned that yet, but with my enthusiasm maybe they will. Who knows?

I LOVE it when a plan s\comes together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And please insult be by accusing me of knowing this guy, because I don't even know what color his eyes are!!! All I know is that he is a genius!

Sounds like he remotely connected to his computer then set up the Phantom the correct way.

He made another rant/thread about his problem . It seems a lot of people do not understand the steps needed taken to calibrate . Anyhow glade he fixed it for ya .

"Understand"?? understand WHAT? That i had to follow the steps in a video? Well, let me tell you something genus, when i send my drone to the MANUFACTURER and they can't fix it then I'd call whoever DID fix it a real genius. And by the way, instead of trying to insult my integrity why don't YOU tell people how to fix their drones? Because you don't know how - THAT'S why!!!!

Well, I don't think anyone is going to debate that Hani is a genius. He has repaired Phantoms for many people in this forum.

It would still be interesting to know what he fixed.

"Understand"?? understand WHAT? That i had to follow the steps in a video? Well, let me tell you something genus, when i send my drone to the MANUFACTURER and they can't fix it then I'd call whoever DID fix it a real genius. And by the way, instead of trying to insult my integrity why don't YOU tell people how to fix their drones? Because you don't know how - THAT'S why!!!!
LMAO
Do a search see how many times I asked a question about any of my phantoms . You know why I don't because I read and re read until I figure it out . Just by the way you are speaking you do not understand electronics or computers witch is ok that's why the guy you used makes money . You see if he was able to fix it without being hands on you could have too . But don't get mad at me because you don't understand then try and blame DJI because you did something wrong . I tell ya what I'll try and make a manual for you in crayon with pitchers because you will have a problem agin I guarantee it :p

Click Bait Deluxe
image.jpg

First of all what Phantom was it and if it was a V2+, It would be easy to use a Client to client app to open the Phantom assistant app and re calibrate IMU and other functions with in. Amusing! That's easy stuff!

After going through about 6-7 months of nothing but problems with my new Phantom, trying to calibrate it and seeing a yellow light come on the controller every time I calibrated the Phantom, I sent it to a DJI authorized repair shop, then DJI themselves - only to get it back with the same inability to calibrate it.

Then this weekend, after the trip to DJI, (using the new $100 controller I had to buy for it, because no one knew how to fix the calibration problem), I flew it several times and finally linked my new Samsung tablet to it and actually SAW something from the camera!!!! BUT, I had no gimble control (AGAIN!!!) so I took it home to calibrate it, thinking that that might do the trick.

WRONG!!! When I calibrated it again that **** yellow light came on the controller and I had no control of the drone, the gimble didn't work and the props wouldn't fire up! The drone was essentially electronic scrap metal!!!!

BUT WAIT - THERE'S MORE!!!!!!

After fooling around for over 6 months on the Net I ran across a post here on the Phantom Forum last night about uavrepairshop.com in St. Paul, Minn. I gave them (Hani) a call today (Sunday) at about 9am and was surprised to hear a voice on the phone! Hani has his own software that allows him to take remote control of your computer and fix your Phantom problems REMOTELY!!!!!

I swear - the guy is a GENIUS!!!! As in the God of drones!!! And I'm not going to say how much he charged me, but if you can afford a nice dinner fro two at a mediocre restaurant, then THIS is the guy to call!!!!

Guys PLEASE, if your drone is messed up save your time and money and let Hani fix it for you. You will be smiles ahead and won't have your drone sitting in a warehouse for 3 months while someone FIGURES OUT how to fix it.

Hani, I love ya!!!!!!
Ps: I spelled his name phonetically, so please forgive me Hani if I messed it up!!!
Please! READ THIS! Do not post "click bait" titles or use all caps when posting. I have edited you post title. Glad you were able to get your Phantom set up correctly. Learning all there is to know about your Phantom is important in owning one so you can set it up by yourself.

It was a P2 V+ with controller and naza not calibrated.
I offered rdp service and Phil accepted. I thought I would try simple things like controller calibration, naza calibration and such and it happen to work. It took us about 30 minutes over the phone to do so and Phil was able to fly right after that.
Just trying to help people before they send birds to me if I can over the phone / rdp.
Nothing wrong with that.

As long as customer is happy I'm good with that.

Hani

LMAO
Do a search see how many times I asked a question about any of my phantoms . You know why I don't because I read and re read until I figure it out . Just by the way you are speaking you do not understand electronics or computers witch is ok that's why the guy you used makes money . You see if he was able to fix it without being hands on you could have too . But don't get mad at me because you don't understand then try and blame DJI because you did something wrong . I tell ya what I'll try and make a manual for you in crayon with pitchers because you will have a problem agin I guarantee it :p

I understand a LOT more than you think I do, but if I screwed around trying to learn how to fix everything I own I wouldn't have time to do anything - now would I? Better yet would YOU?

I worked for 25 years as a C/N/C and prototype machinist, I was an engine builder for 5 years and I DO work on my computer, cars and other stuff, but I would much rather let someone else do it do I can do whatever else I want to do. Like make money and travel and not sit on my butt!!!!

And I DO blame DJI because they made the thing and they should spend the money to set up a bank of repair guys who can do the same thing Hani did. And any attempt to argue against that fact is just plain bone headed. I spent $1100 for my Phantom and hard case, so why do you think it's so crazy to spend a TINY amount of dough to have a pro fix it?

Your argument is moot.

It was a P2 V+ with controller and naza not calibrated.
I offered rdp service and Phil accepted. I thought I would try simple things like controller calibration, naza calibration and such and it happen to work. It took us about 30 minutes over the phone to do so and Phil was able to fly right after that.
Just trying to help people before they send birds to me if I can over the phone / rdp.
Nothing wrong with that.

As long as customer is happy I'm good with that.

Hani

They're just jealous that they don't know how to do what you can!! Awwww ain't that just too bad?

Please! READ THIS! Do not post "click bait" titles or use all caps when posting. I have edited you post title. Glad you were able to get your Phantom set up correctly. Learning all there is to know about your Phantom is important in owning one so you can set it up by yourself.

So if Donald Trump buys a Phantom and it goes bad on him you're saying he HAS to know how to fix it? If you told Trump that he'd tell you to go play in the street!!! So would I.

As for my post title it was done EXACTLY for what i hoped it would do - draw every single viewer to the post so they could learn about a REAL expert in drone repair.

Anyone with common sense knows how to find Hani and yes he does good work.

For someone who started a thread as you did, all caps, many !!!!!! and 911, you must either be lying about your age or you haven't use the internet very long. It's impolite.

You would be surprised at how much some of these people on this board know. We are all glad you got your bird fixed. I just worry if you didn't read the manual and set the bird up right, that you don't lose your bird or cause an accident.

Good luck my friend.

Reactions: Fplvert

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.