My dog grabbed my p3pro

Reaction score
Hi my dog grabbed my p3 pro 2 nights ago as i was landing.He's ok skinned his nose up pretty good i bet he won't do that again.Anyway it flipped over on the asphalt and skinned all the props up.I replaced the props and gave it a good look over looks fine.Is there anything else i should do before i try and fly it again?Have a nice weekend Todd

My dog has a fascination with my P4 and tries to go near it as it lands. I always land it on a table or make sure she is inside when I land it for the fear of what happened to your dog. Anyway, I agree with axbagus on how to test the drone. I hope your dog feels better!

Reactions: toddena
My dog did this once on takeoff .. Cut her nose but nothing too bad. When she hears the beeps of it starting, she finds a hiding spot. Has zero interest of trying that again.

Be careful if you have pets. They are inquisitive. If they get badly injured it's you're fault. Well done to those of you who keep them out of the way. Respect.

Reactions: toddena and matti
Also, as the manual states, the VPS emits high frequency sounds that only some animals hear. That could bother them or perhaps be the cause of their interest, aside from there just being a shiny object in the air that looks fun to catch.

Chris

Reactions: toddena and matti
You need to learn to hand catch if you're going to be landing around animals...you could wind up with a blind dog!
I know man it scared the crap out of me he's my buddy a couple inches higher and that's what would have happened.I usually hand catch and i had forgotten he was out.I will put him up from now on!

Reactions: Wibble
You need to learn to hand catch if you're going to be landing around animals...you could wind up with a blind dog!

Hand catch should be the norm for everyone - of course you then get all the scare mongers posting fake photos showing it is dangerous. It isn't if you have any common sense. and if you don't then you shouldnt be flying!
Poor dog is all I can say - so pleased it wasnt worse!

Hand catch should be the norm for everyone - of course you then get all the scare mongers posting fake photos showing it is dangerous. It isn't if you have any common sense. and if you don't then you shouldnt be flying!
Poor dog is all I can say - so pleased it wasnt worse!
I couldn't have forgiven myself if he was hurt badly.

IMG_1802.jpg

Lol anything with terrier blood in them always is like that. My ex has 2 Jack Russels that I still dog sit for. They like nothing better than attacking the petrol mower or anything else that makes a noise. I keep them well away from my drone.
I used to hate small yappy dogs but since she had these 2 I love them to bits!

I have landed on ground. Only hand catch since purchased.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1