My DJI Phantom 1.1.1 Custom Paint & Mods Transformation VIDEO

Reaction score
Hi all, thought I would share my short 3 minute video of my paint work and mods I did to my P1. Cut landing gear to 1-1/2" and relocated the Compass to make this thing a low profile stunt flyer.. Always fun to do something different with these cool drones.. Thanks for looking, any comments are welcome. :)

02.jpg 56.jpg

Hello BigStevo,

I have only flown a few times so far with the 9x3 T-Motor Props once with a total flight time of 40 to 50 minutes. I can tell you this, with a GoPro 2 camera in its sealed casing as a payload, the 9x3 props seemed to struggle a bit and the hover was very wobbly. However, once I removed the the payload, and switched to my modified stubby landing gear, the performance greatly increased, the hover was very smooth and the speed of acceleration was very impressive. My favorite part about these blades is how smooth and sharp the turns are. I would certainly use these 9x3 props an flights were I do not intend to use a payload. Love them. When I do want to use the camera payload, my P1 fly's great with the P3 9450 Props.

All and All, I would rate the T-Motor 9x3 props on the Phantom 1 very well worth the money. They are currently on clearance at aMain.com for only $28.00 a pair. Most places including ebay has them for about $45 a pair.. so I picked up 4 pair...

52.jpg 53.jpg 54.jpg 51.jpg 00.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: bigstevo
Hey, Thanks for the compliment Fred. Taking her out tonight for a local night flight with some friends. Man these Phantoms are fun. How do you like yours? Any tips or trick to share? :)

Today I am mounting a Lipo Digital Battery Alarm for the bird. I seem to be getting about 6 fly time minutes and want to be sure to ground the bird while I still have power LOL...

DSC07254.jpg DSC07255.jpg DSC07258.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub