My Dilemma - Vision to Vision + ?

Reaction score
I have had my vision since November 13. After all the bugs , software, batteries etc etc it now functions perfectly as a flying machine and I have every confidence in it. Its running the latest software, waypoints work as they should.
My dilemma.
The camera on my Vision is just about acceptable (soft on the right hand side but I crop this out on any images I wish to use).
I do not have a gimbal on the FC200 as I decided I was more interested in still photography then video.
However the possibilities of fully stabilised video has me wanting to experiment more.
A number of Q's for the vision + owners.
I know the camera is the same (just in a different housing) but has anyone had issues with bad focus? I suspect not as I would have read about it so I am assuming that Dji QC has this sorted now.
Do I upgrade to a Vision+ and sell a perfectly functioning Vision (£550-£600?) or do I spend on a Gimbal and just wait and wait and wait for delivery. Cost is going to be about the same if I manage to sell my vision. I dont want to be keeping both.
The ideal would be a flat field lens, nice quality within reason (for stills), good video footage (wont be as good as a Go_Pro Hero 3 Black edition but good enough).
Attached is an image shot this morning using the Vision. which is nice enough when used small. The video was as jerky as anything and unusable.
Am I missing something?
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• DJI00215.JPG
    DJI00215.JPG
    383.9 KB · Views: 519
I had both quads also...

Obviously the Gimbal is a big selling point...

But the biggest improvement I find is the increased range of the FPV and telemetry... I also got the booster app and regularly get 2500' distance flights with full FPV.... My Original vision struggled to get 1000'...

As far s the camera goes.... It's the same.... No better, no worse... But I did notice that I wasn't as soft on the edges...

Attachments

• hosmer2.jpeg
    hosmer2.jpeg
    175.5 KB · Views: 552
  • tiff&Ihosmerlake1.jpeg
    tiff&Ihosmerlake1.jpeg
    204.5 KB · Views: 577
  • tyeecreek&bachleor1.jpeg
    tyeecreek&bachleor1.jpeg
    235.7 KB · Views: 610
I had the V2P before the vPlus, and once I got all the setting where I wanted them I won't forget the 1st time watching back video I had just taken with the vPlus. I thought, wow, this is close to professional Hollywood video. I was shocked how stable the video was even when the quad was getting shook a lot from wind. You will love the vPlus.

I also have been having trouble deciding between the PV2 and the PV2+. I have read many stories about how fragile the gimbal is so I have been hesitant to purchase the PV2+. But I was wondering if the stories are exaggerated. Has anyone who purchased the PV2+ have any regrets and wish they purchased the PV2 instead?

P2V and P2V+ are both great for still pictures. For Video there is no comparison, the P2V+ video looks like it is being taken from a tripod with no movement at all, very professional looking. The video from the P2V is constantly moving as wind and corrections from GPS move Phantom and there is no gimbal to stabilize camera.

If you're lucky enough to get a good one, you'll be fine. But it seems to be the luck of the draw with these things.... There doesn't seem to be any consistency & quality control is absolutely non existent

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20