My best 3 Runs from 57 flights

dirkclod

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Have had mine for about a month and a half and love it .57 flight's 402,403FT and 10 hr 18min total flight time .
Have been seeing a lot of distance issue's in here and really not sure why .
Have also seen a lot of posters without this one come in and say ...don't buy it or get this or just knock it . Not really sure why as their models have issue also .
I did get this because it was 2.4 and 5.8 and wanted to try and mod it like I have 3 P2V's . Well you can .
Now if you never done any I would not even to attempt to do any and Not suggesting you do .
I am not a .. How to ...but there are you tube's on doing these mods on the P2's and really what you need to learn is in them . Removing connecters and stuff .
The itelite is simple and is shown in several threads here .
The bird sides are not and really wouldn't suggest you try it unless you are a modder .
The shell is a pain but had a fix for that so no more issue .
I video all my flights just for a record for me but have added some music cause I like it :)
These were my best runs and all were not all like that as you do have to adjust stuff to get it to work for you .
What I get you might not or you might do better .
AGAIN I am not saying for you to try what I have done but just showing ya what I have done .

Longest Stock Flight 6,665'
6665'.PNG

Longest with itelite panel on TX 8,818'
Music ran out on this one but decided to stop halfway back and get 18 holes of golf .
8239'.jpg

Longest so far with FPVLR Dipoles 2.38 Miles
2 miles.jpg
Now I showed this so all wouldn't think the Standard is just crap . It does have potential for distance
and this really is just a souped up P2V+ Same main board as the other 2-3's being it's just 1 piece but it is what it as .
Take's great picture's too
Now if I can just learn this app :rolleyes:

ADDED / Total cost of antennas was around $270.00 and the slow mod switch and Inspire tablet holder's were given to me by friends here as well as all the know how on how to do these .
Yea I could have bought an Advanced for around that but I would have missed the dance .

Last edited:
Curious, your starting point must be above the trees? They would block your signal at that distance.

Reactions: dirkclod
Good job!! Nice distance! I need to find a location like this so I can put my Itelite panel to work.. Can you post a pic of the dipoles?

Curious, your starting point must be above the trees? They would block your signal at that distance.
No I just go above them and them tree's are a good 1200' from me and the itelite shoots through tree tops pretty good . When you get way off not so good . If I would go over 400'
I would go farther .

Last edited:
Good job!! Nice distance! I need to find a location like this so I can put my Itelite panel to work.. Can you post a pic of the dipoles?
IMG_1743.JPG This is the back right skid and is just the opposite and on the front left skid on the other side . The one that sticks out is the 5.8 and will swivel in but won't get 2 miles. More like 1 .
Now I have moved all of them to the back skids and gonna have both 5.8's with the 90% connecters and both the 2.4's straight down .
Will be easy to case and you can turn the 5.8's out when you what to go long . Ya have to get Tony to make them this way and am working to get him to make a kit just for the Standard like this .
I have tried every which way to get what I have got and this is it .
I have not tried any other antennas with this Standard but have with my other's with no good luck . Others might but I have not so
I have just stuck with FPVLR's and the itelite .
And sorry guys I had not seen any alerts anyone had posted in this till now :)

Must have been clean air. :D

How did you get over 6,000 feet stock? Any tricks?
Like Rod said :) I don't know why to be honest I just did . Good spot and all the conditions were right . Held the TX steady and only
moved it when I saw the signal bars going down .

Just tried another test with the change in placement of my dipoles and did so over the golf course area where the best I got was 8,818'
There's medium noise there 1818.PNG .Went up around 400' and got 2.26 miles .2.26 in noise.jpg We talking around 3000' more feet .
I think this is where I will leave them now :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik