my 4 thinks its a dji 3 professional help

Reaction score
Hello all

I got a dji 4 phantom about 6 weeks ago. Made about 85 successful take offs and 85 successful landing, worked until today. Great pictures and video. Longest trip was over 36,000 feet. When I went to start up to day it thinks it’s a phantom 3 professional (at least that’s what’s comes up on the go app) when I try to connect to it with the regular go app and the RC I get No camera and will not fly, I get a, not connect in red at center of go app screen. I can not see the firmware version on the screen. I tried to connect my go app directly to the 4 with the supplied white cable, no joy, I thought I could download the latest firmware and move on. I tried to use the dji assistance 2 software on my laptop. It did connect the 4 with the laptop, so I thought I would download the copy of the newest firmware. I had downloaded the newest firmware when it came out a couple of weeks ago, so I thought I would just reload it and try again. No luck, it failed to download. I then did a factory reset; that’s the button just below the three firmware choices. It said it successfully reloaded the factory default settings. I then download the middle firmware. But when I hook up for a normal flight, the go app still thinks it’s a phantom 3 pro. Any thoughts as what to do next? By the way I have put over 139 miles on this . I really want to get back up in the air soon.

Thanks for reading this

Don Henry

Did you try connecting your remote controller to your mobile device with a different cable? It sounds like the cable might be bad since you've done nothing since the last time your Phantom operated as expected.

Note also another user experienced P3 showing instead P4. He solved the issue by formatting the sdcard, he said. Have a go if not a cable issue and you can still connect to the craft, and please let us know (formating should be done by DJI product, not by PC/Mac).

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Note also another user experienced P3 showing instead P4. He solved the issue by formatting the sdcard, he said. Have a go if not a cable issue and you can still connect to the craft, and please let us know (formating should be done by DJI product, not by PC/Mac).

Thanks
I changed cable, made no difference. I could see a bad cable given an intermittent or no connection , but it thinks its a 3 pro. I will put in the SD card that came with the unit and see if that changes it. I know it is go. I also noticed that when I turn of the flier the battery on /off switch LED lights flashs on 10 times( green) I reread the manual, any idea does this give us a clue?
thanks again
DH

Maybe the controller inside the battery is not happy with P3 vs P4 issue.

success
Late last night I explained my problem to a computer guru friend I know. does not know much about drones , knows about software . we dumped the old dji4 go app from the tablet and reinstalled it . It works this morning . I had to change a lot of parameters to what I like . but I am back in businesses , good thing I backed up my old flight info . I did also change the sd card to a the old 16 meg that came with the unit. I have marked the 64 that was in the unit when it failed to a pro 3 . I will keep an eye on it for the future.

thanks to all
don Henry

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20