My 1st real flight today

Reaction score
I took my p3s out and the weather was perfect. Everything went as it was supposed to on pre flight, did seem like it took longer than it should to clear the warming up message, but it did go away and ok to fly came up.. manually took off, still in beginner mode limiting range just to be safe. went up about 50 ft let go of sticks, good hoover, rotated around played with camera angle then flew some ovals, while recording this time! Just a field no great scenery but was a joy to be able to do this. will log more flight time b4 doing away with flight limits. Video turned out great! way better than I expected.

I get the warming up message every flight lasts for about a min and then I get the green light to go. Is it not supposed to do that? I've calibrated my bird and compass calibrate every new location before flight. I'm headed to read those links

1 Min, doesn't sound bad.

If you do an IMU in the 80's
Then winter comes about, now its in the 40's
I'm guessing 4-5 mins?

Compass Calibration?
Check this out also.
Compass Calibration, A Complete Primer

Rod

1 Min, doesn't sound bad.

If you do an IMU in the 80's
Then winter comes about, now its in the 40's
I'm guessing 4-5 mins?

Compass Calibration?
Check this out also.
Compass Calibration, A Complete Primer

Rod
ahh gotcha I calibrated indoors in the AC wife likes to be able to hang meat right in the living room lol usually around 60 65* F in here. I fly early morning and in the evening mostly grabbing sunrise and set pictures. I guess if I let my AC and battery get up to ambient temps when I go outside before I turn on maybe I can lower that warm up time a bit? we run the heat to around 70 75* in the winter haven't flown in the cold yet so no idea what warm up time will be, I'll find out this winter. I fully plan to use my drone that time of the season for doing some frozen river and creek flying as well as some snow pics and watching the deer on the property

Reactions: Newbieguy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic