My 1st P3P Crash - Motor Obstruction? - No Idea What Happend

Reaction score
Hey guys, the unfortunate happend. Yesterday afternoon, while just playing with my P3P, my 1st crash. I was flying in my parents backyard (1 acre property and which I have flown over at least 50 times) just like any other day (5 or 6 mph wind) and hovering about 15/20ft in the air. When I hit the left stick to go up higher the P3P aggressively tilted to the side flew towards and into a tree. I tried to pull away from the tree but there was no response and collided with a branch and then it tumbled down hitting many branches and broke on its way down. The props were still spinning as it was tumbling down the tree and hitting the branches and I couldn't get it to stop, even once it was on the ground upside down and the props spinning. Eventually after all the crashing and tumbling it stopped.

Now I need a bottom shell and some props and hopefully the camera and gimbal arent damaged. Sorry there is no photos because I took it right away to CTRL.ME in Los Angeles to drop it off for repair. I should be hearing back from their technician on Monday.

Just uploaded my files to healthy drone and I wanted to share with you and hopefully get some opinions.

Lots of notifications saying motor obstruction, I'm guessing thats from hitting branches and the tree but seems like the P3P was going back and forth from GPS mode to ATTI mode before the crash????

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

I always do my preflight checks... Compas Calibrated, fully charged battery, etc... Just this time the P3P didnt do what the remote was telling it.

I consider myself a talented pilot because I have been flying multirotors for a couple years now but still a newbie because I have only had my P3P for a few months now, flown many many times and this is my first situation like this.

Any guidance, direction or help is appreciated. Thanks in advance! Cheers!

Did you have prop guards on? (I'm wondering if after your bird hit the tree a limb could have gotten inside a guard and jammed up prop/motor–which of course wouldn't have caused the accident.)

SB

It looks like the crash started at 42 seconds and the rest of the flight is crashing.
All looks normal until 42 seconds. I assume that is where you found the tree.
Any chance you could have lost a prop?

Did you take off from a tennis court surrounded by chain link fence?

Reactions: egyptfolyf
Yes from the middle of the tennis court... But I've done that many times.. I now understand that the fence could have created some interference.. And all the props were still attached (2 cracked / broken)

Last edited:
There are a few guys in here that are masters of reading these logs. Especially the .DAT file on the p3. Hopefully one of them will look at the dat file for you.
To me it looks normal until 43 seconds then the **** hit the fan.
The errors look to stem from a collision. But not before the collision.
If you are lucky @BudWalker may take a look.

There are a few guys in here that are masters of reading these logs. Especially the .DAT file on the p3. Hopefully one of them will look at the dat file for you.
To me it looks normal until 43 seconds then the **** hit the fan.
The errors look to stem from a collision. But not before the collision.
If you are lucky @BudWalker may take a look.
I'm away from my normal computing environment for another 3 weeks so I can't look at the .DAT. But, if @egyptfolyf can provide a Dropbox link to the .DAT there are others who can take a look. Looks like it might be an interesting incident

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4