My 1st attempt - I have a lot to learn

Reaction score
1st attempt at using Davinci Desolve to edit and color grade.
Lot of shaky video. 90% flown manually due to poor planning. I have lot to work on!

Enjoy and happy 4th of July
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Manually?

Reactions: dmark1867
Isn't great how it only takes minutes to download and edit the video. Hahahahaaa....

Btw, you did a really nice job!

1st attempt at using Davinci Desolve to edit and color grade.
Lot of shaky video. 90% flown manually due to poor planning. I have lot to work on!

Enjoy and happy 4th of July
Very nice. Thnx for sharing....

Looks good to me! Almost looks like you came close to getting shot down by that soccer ball your kid headed at around 2:55...LOL. My only suggestion would be to export your videos at a higher bitrate as there was quite a bit of macroblocking in a few areas.

I'm guessing you are referring to using waypoints?
Correct, I end up getting much smoother footage that way. My ADHD takes over when I am flying and I constantly get distracted and start looking around etc, lol

Looks good to me! Almost looks like you came close to getting shot down by that soccer ball your kid headed at around 2:55...LOL. My only suggestion would be to export your videos at a higher bitrate as there was quite a bit of macroblocking in a few areas.

The program I used to edit and color grade, Davinci Resolve, for youtube 1080p exports defaults to 10 Mbps Bitrate which I tried and it looked a lot worse. So I switched Quality to Automatic/Best (seen screen shot) and it produced a 10GB file which looked much better and that is what I uploaded to youtube. On my PC it looks perfect.

Here is what youtube recommends:
Recommended upload encoding settings - YouTube Help
12 MBps Video Bitrate for 60fps

I am wondering if you want a contant bitrate and if the restrict to option makes it constant or just doesn't allow the bitrate to go above that value?

I also noticed depending on the power of the device and how good the internet connection is it will be a huge difference playing this video on youtube. I am wondering what I could tweak to make it better?

Thanks

2016-07-05.png

The program I used to edit and color grade, Davinci Resolve, for youtube 1080p exports defaults to 10 Mbps Bitrate which I tried and it looked a lot worse. So I switched Quality to Automatic/Best (seen screen shot) and it produced a 10GB file which looked much better and that is what I uploaded to youtube. On my PC it looks perfect.

Here is what youtube recommends:
Recommended upload encoding settings - YouTube Help
12 MBps Video Bitrate for 60fps

I am wondering if you want a contant bitrate and if the restrict to option makes it constant or just doesn't allow the bitrate to go above that value?

I also noticed depending on the power of the device and how good the internet connection is it will be a huge difference playing this video on youtube. I am wondering what I could tweak to make it better?

Thanks

2016-07-05.png
I like this guys channel for ideas on editing and color grading/correction. This particular video is great although he used Adobe Premiere (as do I) for setting up the export. For the best looking videos you always want constant bitrate.

I like this guys channel for ideas on editing and color grading/correction. This particular video is great although he used Adobe Premiere (as do I) for setting up the export. For the best looking videos you always want constant bitrate.

Very informative video, unfortunately only I small amount of transfers to Davinci Resolve.
Wish that guy made a export video for Resolve.
Thanks for sharing

Correct, DaVinci Resolve.
It is free and very powerful software
You can edit and color grade (it is actually known for color grading) and deliver the final render.

I have adjusted the bitrate option but it looks like it only restricts the bitrate instead of fixing it to a constant bitrate.

I have posted in the Blackmagic Forums (the owners of Davinci Resolve) asking if there is a way to eliminate the macroblocking that is occurring in this video.

Perhaps I can tweak the render settings (although the options appear limited), or maybe I need to export in a different manner and then get Adobe Premiere Pro CC, import into there and then render from there?

Correct, DaVinci Resolve.
It is free and very powerful software
You can edit and color grade (it is actually known for color grading) and deliver the final render.

I have adjusted the bitrate option but it looks like it only restricts the bitrate instead of fixing it to a constant bitrate.

I have posted in the Blackmagic Forums (the owners of Davinci Resolve) asking if there is a way to eliminate the macroblocking that is occurring in this video.

Perhaps I can tweak the render settings (although the options appear limited), or maybe I need to export in a different manner and then get Adobe Premiere Pro CC, import into there and then render from there?

If you're thinking about getting Adobe Premiere then just use it for importing and all your editing/color grading/corrections and export it using that guys suggestions for YouTube. This is one of mine using his settings, I was happy with the result. Not much in the way of fancy editing (I like yours!) on this one. You can choose up to 1440p for quality on this one. If you watch this right from the site it'll look bad, open it in your YouTube app or right from YouTube in a browser.

If you're thinking about getting Adobe Premiere then just use it for importing and all your editing/color grading/corrections and export it using that guys suggestions for YouTube. This is one of mine using his settings, I was happy with the result. Not much in the way of fancy editing (I like yours!) on this one. You can choose up to 1440p for quality on this one. If you watch this right from the site it'll look bad, open it in your YouTube app or right from YouTube in a browser.

Looks good, trying a few different things with my video.
On the Blackmagic forum they said that areas where there's a lot of movement will still often show some macroblocking on YouTube because they squeeze the bitrate down even further after you upload your file. btw my source file is 10GB for 4 minute video. Also viewing the video on my pc it looks perfect. I might email youtube and ask them about it. Btw way nice video, I like it!

I liked your first attempt. You will be a great photographer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers