Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

My $1.99 Landing Pad

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Fan-tom, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Fan-tom

I can hand catch my bird but I really enjoy manually taking off and landing it. I was trying to come up with a inexpensive and compact landing pad and this idea fit the bill. I went down to the local goodwill and bought a used board game. It has a perfect trifold board that slides right in the back of my back pack. For $1.99 it can't be beat.

Attached Files:

acherman likes this.
  2. trigon

Nice :D I must say I like the manual landing as well but Iam simply landing on the original phantom 3 box :D (the white one my P3P was in when I bought it) :D Its working so far but you must have a certaing skill to land it in windy days :D

3. acherman

That's a fantastic idea. Folds up nicely for a backpack too.

4. Fan-tom

I have been practicing daily in ATTI mode since I started flying and its helped me tremendously in controlling the craft in the wind. I fly very close to the shoreline so it's always pretty windy. I don't know why but I love the challenge of landing. One of the best parts of a flight for me is a perfect landing where the skids just kiss the pad. Another thing I love to do is fly the P3 about waist height through obstacles like a plastic playground set, paths in the woods etc. I do that in ATTI mode and it's a hell of a lot of fun. Sure gets your heart pumping and sharpens your skills.

trigon likes this.