Must Have Upgrade!

Reaction score
I just received and installed an upgraded 2-piece CNC machined aluminum stability bracket from FAA Drone Decals and More!

I highly recommend this upgrade to everyone. The product is top notch and provides a MUCH more stable mount for your tablet or phone. This silver color I ordered compliments the R/C very well, as if it should have been this way from DJI. Wait... IT SHOULD HAVE!

They are in the U.S. and had the product in stock. It shipped quickly and they provided an excellent customer experience.
I believe in sharing great company and product information, especially when it comes to internet buys.
I also purchased some of their FAA Reg Decals and am also happy with the high quality of the vinyl "tail numbers". Bwahahahaha
Enjoy!

This post is useless without pics...
233433sw1y9y8yq8z11r9b.jpg

233644rxw1xxkuu7x1671u.jpg

There are many metal brackets out on the market, this is not the only one. I have the Taco-RC bracket and it is very solid and steady too. They all are better than the stock plastic bracket.

I'm sure there are. Just sharing one I found that shipped quickly. DJI needs to update this hardware from the factory.

Reactions: BigAl07
I just received and installed an upgraded 2-piece CNC machined aluminum stability bracket from FAA Drone Decals and More!

I highly recommend this upgrade to everyone. The product is top notch and provides a MUCH more stable mount for your tablet or phone. This silver color I ordered compliments the R/C very well, as if it should have been this way from DJI. Wait... IT SHOULD HAVE!

They are in the U.S. and had the product in stock. It shipped quickly and they provided an excellent customer experience.
I believe in sharing great company and product information, especially when it comes to internet buys.
I also purchased some of their FAA Reg Decals and am also happy with the high quality of the vinyl "tail numbers". Bwahahahaha
Enjoy!
Are you associated with this company?
It always seems a little suspicious when a user joins (on Saturday) and their first post looks just like a TV advertisement.

Are you associated with this company?
It always seems a little suspicious when a user joins (on Saturday) and their first post looks just like a TV advertisement.
No, I'm in NO way associated to this company. I think it was actually an old thread here that pointed me to them. My Samsung S2 just arrived today and I wanted to be ready for it. I'm a new P3A owner, but far from new to quadcopters and R/C heli's.

No, I'm in NO way associated to this company. I think it was actually an old thread here that pointed me to them. My Samsung S2 just arrived today and I wanted to be ready for it. I'm a new P3A owner, but far from new to quadcopters and R/C heli's.
Cool, hope you will enjoy yours as much as I have with mine. I also have the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7-inch tablet., nice big screen with fast processor. Flew my 54th flight with my P3A earlier today. The next upgrade you should seriously consider to purchase if you are into cinematic videography are ND filters. I have a set from Taco-RC.

Hmm... that one does look pretty ideal. The through-bolt instead of DJI's seemingly unnecessary thumbscrew thing makes a huge difference on it's own. Questions...

Is the clamp's pivot in the same spot so the transmitter still fits in snug cutouts?
Clamp stay oriented well? I don't see washers
Does the second neck strap hole actually balance? I've been having to use a carabiner around the whole mount with a tablet on mine.

I had replaced the original with inspire part. It's very stable for my iPad mini.

Reactions: SteveAikens
I ordered one of these I need to collect from the Post Office tomorrow. With the shipping to UK, and now the import and handling fees I need to pay, this must be the most expensive bracket ever... :eek:

Hopefully it's worth it!

Cool, hope you will enjoy yours as much as I have with mine. I also have the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7-inch tablet., nice big screen with fast processor. Flew my 54th flight with my P3A earlier today. The next upgrade you should seriously consider to purchase if you are into cinematic videography are ND filters. I have a set from Taco-RC.
Thanks Noodle! I spent quite a bit of time researching tablets. Being an Android person since day one, I even considered the offerings from Apple while shopping. After running the DJI GO app on my Note 5 with NO problems, I decided to go with the S2. The screen and hardware were the final deciding factors. The S2 one of the only tablets available running 3 gigs of RAM! This is a big deal with the system resources the DJI app ties up.
I must say, the screen is fantastic and one of the brightest available for outside use. I'm hoping to get my first flight in today with the S2 if the weather breaks.
Congrats on the big 54! The P3A truly is a pleasure to fly. Coming from quads that had no 'smart assistance' and required constant inputs from the pilot to hold position, this platform really allows me to focus on the photography aspect, which I'm loving. Thanks for the tip on the filters. That was already on my shopping list once I had all of this hardware figured out. Need to invest in some batteries next.

Hmm... that one does look pretty ideal. The through-bolt instead of DJI's seemingly unnecessary thumbscrew thing makes a huge difference on it's own. Questions...

Is the clamp's pivot in the same spot so the transmitter still fits in snug cutouts?
Does the second neck strap hole actually balance? I've been having to use a carabiner around the whole mount with a tablet on mine.
P3A_Remote_Arm_Upgrade-03.jpg

Correct on the through-bolt, combined with a larger 'foot' on the controller. It feels rock-solid with the 9.7" tablet mounted.

Yes, the pivot is in nearly the same location. The clamping force is much better than the plastic bracket so the tablet stays put where you positioned it. There are two plastic washers included that insert where the clamp bolts to the bracket.
I can't yet quote if the second lanyard hole balances the unit with a tablet mounted (my existing lanyard isn't long enough for this size rig.) That was the first thing I thought when it arrived, so at least there's some adjustability available with the second opening.

I think you will be very happy with any bracket upgrade you go with. I just can't imagine a larger tablet mounted on that plastic thing, swaying all over the place (feeling like it's going to break.) At least with this bracket and what other posters are reporting with the Inspire model upgrade, your expensive tablet is much more secure.

Reactions: BigAl07
So many people have posted about this mount in the past couple of months that it really must be terrific. If I ever need a mount to replace my Inspire mount, this one will be on my short list.

I ordered one and got it today. I must say I am a bit unhappy with it. I have an iPad Air 2 that I use and the wider foot on this mount definitely helps with the side to side movement. But, this mount it pivots up and down (iPad towards the antennas) way to easy. Yes I installed the plastic washers that they included. What are you guys doing to stop the pivot? I am afraid to tighten it any more (it's pretty tight now and still pivots). Thinking of cutting some grooves in the metal with my Dremel to stop it.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just ordered one to give it a whirl. Decent price and free shipping. And I'm sick of my iPad Mini feeling so unstable on the factory P3P controller.

Thanks for the heads up.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj