Must have more money than brains

Reaction score
Just watched this clip of three guys flying a brand new Phantom 4 - deliberately trashing it with "tests" of the object avoidance technology. They fly it at trees, a tripod, and then at one of them...finishing with throwing the carrying case up at it while it's airborne. Then they all have a huge laugh party when it's trashed.

What is it with some people? Too much money and nothing between the ears? I was watching in horror - these things cost $2400 here in Australia...what's even more disturbing is the amount of encouraging comments from their fan base.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

whish they would of flown it into each others head would be funnier

Yea, there are a lot of people with more money that brains and when you see how much common sense they have it doesn't take a lot of cash to have more $$$ than brains.

Cant believe people have that much money to waste. Look like a couple rich boys out to have some juvenile fun. Sad. The drone did a fair job in avoidance in a few spots. Idiots.

Glad they broke it. Perhaps they have bought the DJI insurance plans? Haha
But seriously Goofs like those, don't deserve the privilege to fly with our quality of equipment. They should stick to paper airplanes, which are much more close to their juvenile mentality. ;-)
If not orphans, Disgrace to their parents. Ha

RedHotPoker

Reactions: marzipana
I'm just stunned...I agree, must be spoiled rich kids. But heck, I was just devastated when my first P3 crashed into a tree after losing GPS (thankfully it was replaced), it just baffles me that people can deliberately want to wreck a brand new quad.

I was devastated when mine went plunk into gulf of mexico today

Reactions: Squirrel!
They really do look like little rich boys. Brats. Spoiled brats.

They are special aren't they :D

keztyu.gif

I was devastated when mine went plunk into gulf of mexico today

So sorry to hear that...I'm not fussed if I happen to crash my Syma because it's so light and robust it pretty much bounces back. But Phantoms are another story.

They make a lot of $$$ of the YT.

upload_2016-3-27_19-5-46.png

Exactly what I was going to say. Youtube pays a lot of $$$ for some videos. Remember the guy who went to Australia, was the first ever to buy an iphone 6 and then dropped it? Or those that reviewed it? Trust me, their videos went viral and the trip and phone were immediately paid for. They then went to Vegas and had one heckuva party!

I think they were idiots to intentionally destroy it at the end but they did show what the avoidance capabilities were. The tree, the branches and the person were pretty good examples of the avoidance feature. Flying at the tripod where the sensors probably were not scanning the skinny legs was not a good example and then just throwing the case at it was just stupid. But as it was already pointed out they make money off stupid stuff like this. How many of us would try to fly our Phantom at full speed into a tree?

That was a fun video, makes me wish that I was that young when YouTube came around cause I'd be rich. The guys really missed the opportunity though because when they were flying it into the back of the kid... I would have had to put it into sport mode, talked quietly into the camcorder, laughing hard and then flown it into his arse full speed for fun. We've definitely all done worse in our life times. I'm really thankful to have grown up in the age before cameras on buildings and everything, man we got away with everything when we were kids :)

Reactions: JosephLucas
I think it definitely highlights a dynamic of the 1st world though, that you can make money through destroying expensive equipment. I've seen much more helpful videos in demonstrating OA, seems to me their only intent was really to sabotage it in any way they could.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
You can see at 1.12 min of the video at the background large airliner on its landing path so evidently they are flying in large airport restricted space.
Very smart......

Its just good business sense to wreck expensive toys on YouTube as there are people who love to watch them and they also cause those people to write angry posts online causing further views which equals more money.

And why do people get so jealous of another persons wealth. You can make the money yourself if you bother to put time and effort into it.

P.S. Buy physical gold.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic