"Must have" apps

Reaction score
My P4 should arrive today, so with any luck with the weather, I'll be flying tomorrow or Saturday. I'm keeping my unboxed Mini 2 'virgin'....nothing is going on there app-wise except DJI Go and probably Litchi.

But I'm wondering what other US-specific apps I might want to have on my phone. B4UFly (which I have heard sucks), Where2Fly? Not sure yet what all is out there and what is worth having handy.

Thanks in advance!

Check out my list of apps here.

That's a pretty big list! Thanks! Judging by some of the catagories, some of those would need to be on the 'flight' tablet, correct? Like the data log ones? Not sure what software was used, but I recall a recent thread where a guy had his fly into the backside of a mountain. A member here used his flight record and merged it(?) with Google maps to give him an approximate location to look for it. Was that a separate program or just knowing how to use DJI Go?

But back to the phone apps.....is there a good one that'll let me know if I'm flying in a 'bad' area?

Oh, and that link.....super handy! Thanks! I just scrolled through the whole thing. Pretty dang comprehensive!

Judging by some of the catagories, some of those would need to be on the 'flight' tablet, correct?
Correct.

Not sure what software was used, but I recall a recent thread where a guy had his fly into the backside of a mountain. A member here used his flight record and merged it(?) with Google maps to give him an approximate location to look for it. Was that a separate program or just knowing how to use DJI Go?
It sounds like you're referring to one of my posts. If so, I uploaded his log to my log viewer and used Google Earth to show the approximate location.

is there a good one that'll let me know if I'm flying in a 'bad' area?
A bad area -- like a no fly zone? DJI GO usually tells you when you're in a no fly zone. If you're not sure though, you should do some research before flying in a new location. You can find some no fly zone maps here.

Heres what im rocking.....

7bae0a356b7136eb784cd3bdd189f908.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: skiptv
LOL Is that the forum app?

I've put B4UFly and AirMap on my phone. I've got a couple of weather apps already.

haha, yeah thats the forum app! lol never know when i might have a question! People respond really fast on this forum so it can be useful!!

UAV Forcast is pretty great. It will tell you the wind speeds at various altitudes, which is important to know, b/c when your up above 100 feet, the wind can be doing something totally different that when your lower to the ground. And the KP which is also good to know.....Something to keep in mind.

I've been using Avia Weather on my Android phone. I have a list of airport in the areas where I fly and can request the current METAR report from any of them (usually the one closest to where I'm flying). I put the report in my logbook to have a record of things like visibility, ceiling, etc. Verifies that I am flying under 'legal' conditions.

Reactions: embayweather
UAV Forcast is pretty great. It will tell you the wind speeds at various altitudes, which is important to know, b/c when your up above 100 feet, the wind can be doing something totally different that when your lower to the ground. And the KP which is also good to know.....Something to keep in mind.

That's good to know! App added.

Reactions: Suhail78
My P4 should arrive today, so with any luck with the weather, I'll be flying tomorrow or Saturday. I'm keeping my unboxed Mini 2 'virgin'....nothing is going on there app-wise except DJI Go and probably Litchi.

But I'm wondering what other US-specific apps I might want to have on my phone. B4UFly (which I have heard sucks), Where2Fly? Not sure yet what all is out there and what is worth having handy.

Thanks in advance!
A very handy app I use is an IOS app called Mapulator (Map area & distance calculator). It lets you plot your intended flight route and will give you the distance in ft/mile/km as you choose. Especially useful for the longer flights. Very simple to use.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr