Music Video Crash

Reaction score
Hello folk was out shooting a music video today got all the shots i need thankfully went to do 1 last extra shot and tapped a wall.and drone crashed and my camera came off.And i have bought a new shock plate but cant for the life of me work out what or were these 2 grey and black wires goes i know 1 the power for the camera but not sure what other ones are for.Look on-line and cant seem to find the answer

regards

gareth
12188806_1122048407812773_566687863_n.jpg

Cheers guy after looking at it today were you connect the antennas to the camera the connector pad has snapped clean off.Can I get away with running just one of those cables can solder it onto the good pad?

That's a good question. I'm not too sure, as I have no experience with that yet. I think since the P3S is so new, not many people have repaired this portion (or if they have, its not in the forums). Maybe someone else can chime in?

I have never tried to solder cable 's and if you were successful and only had one then you would only have half of you distance if you didn't mess something up just using 1 .
I don't know .
I would get 2 more antennas and put them in the bird .
There is another and that would be to do like another member here did.
Be Right back

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott Gibson
I have never tried to solder cable 's and if you were successful and only had one then you would only have half of you distans if you didn't mess something up just using 1 .
I don't know .
I would get 2 more antennas and put hem in the bird .
There is another and that would be to do like another member here did.
Be Right back
OK....@TG3S did a mod for those antennas and can't seem to get the other picture of it to post .That's the easiest way for you I think .Maybe he will chime in now I flaged him .
Here's the post and you can see what he did Phantom 3 STANDARD antenna upgrade | Page 18 | DJI Phantom Forum

Last edited:
Thanks guys the mod looks like something i could try out problem i got is there a pin plate that you solder the wire onto that's missing.I can either try solider new plate onto it or the wire straight on.Just dont want to buy new camera wish you could just buy the camera board would be so much easier

It's a cable not a wire and don't think you could solder it . Those 2 cables run to antenna panels under the main board inside your quad .
If you could find 2 cables like those and get the goo off the panels and just replace the cable's you might be good.
Don't know about soldering cables myself .

Hi, all. I just signed up to explain what he means.

The Surface Mount u.fl rf connector has been ripped off during the crash. I've looked at it and half of the pad and been taken with it. Now, I don't know if I can get a new smt u.fl connector soldered on due to very little solder pad left.

He has ordered new ones so I will try when it gets delivered. However, if it can't be soldered back on, is there a different location I could solder it to. I looked at the tracks and it goes to a little 6pin chip, so I'm not sure.

Paul.

Welcome Paul . Ya you can if you can get to that board Had to have one done by someone and had to get some of these
s-l140.jpg
to do it . That's about 4 times how big they are :eek:
Wasn't where that one is but if ya can't find any let me know .
Edit/ reread and saw ya ordered already .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav