Muscle Memory Controls

Reaction score
I've really been tied up with other commitments lately so haven't had the opportunity to fly my Phantoms in a while. I didn't realize just how long it had been until I went out to the backyard yesterday to burn through a couple of lipos with the quads. Calibrated the compass and spooled the motors up and then thought, ****, which stick is up?... LMAO. Figured I better stay slow and low until it comes back to me. Not a ton of space in the backyard with a lot of obstacles but that's not such a bad thing to get my muscle memory back for the sticks. Oriented forward didn't take too long but oriented back to me with controls reversed and I was nearly in panic mode a few times. Thought man, this blows chunks! Moral of this story for me is I gotta make sure to get out and fly at least frequently enough for me to keep my muscle memory for the sticks..
kr5h95xd9jo0h7m6g.jpg

BOT

Reactions: 750r and dirkclod
I am just the opposite BOT . I've flown so much I don't even think about it I just do it . Is what worry's me about getting a 3 . Nothing the same with the switch's and that's were I will mess up :eek:

I am just the opposite BOT . I've flown so much I don't even think about it I just do it . Is what worry's me about getting a 3 . Nothing the same with the switch's and that's were I will mess up :eek:
So the sticks are different on a P3? Why on earth would they rearrange something like that?
Tell ya what Dirk, how's about we swap problems? You get me a P3 and I'll figure'er out for ya... :D
Congrats on decision to get a P3! To be honest I'm pretty content with my FC40 & P1 with all the mods I've made to them. So Lightbridge is incorporated into the P3 Advanced right Dirk? So all one would need is an Android tablet and your ready to go with FPV on a P3? If so, what's the distance with it? If I tear up the gimbal would I be able to put one of my Walkera's on it? I'm trying to find a reason to not get one... LMAO. The biggest sticking point for me is the darn $150 batteries! If I were to spend that kinda money I'm not sure if I'd go with a P3 or maybe an RC Glider. I've been kicking that idea around a little. Would be more challenging to fly I'd think and being a fixed wing might even be solar capable. Just thinking out loud... :D
I don't think you'll have much of a problem transitioning to a P3 Dirk.;)
BOT

Reactions: 750r and dirkclod
Sticks are the same BOT but the switch's are a little different than what we are used to like HL and RTH . Not much but will just have to get used to something different that's all .
I plan on the Standard as it's still 2.4 and 5.8 and don't have all the other 2 have . But is what I want and can add the antennas I want .
I don't need all the A or P have .
The app is what I think I will have the most trouble with .
The camera is so much better than the FC200 also . I will have it popped open before I fly it most likely :rolleyes:
As far as the tablet I have always used a Mini 1 and just got the 2 retina for the go app and have been reading in the Standard section
since it started as well as the others so I kinda have a feel for it now. Sorta ..

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik