Multiple USB devices

Reaction score
Hi everyone, new to the forums and you have been a great help!

After successfully stuffing a PMU, GCU and the iOSD Mini into my Phantom, I thought I would be clever and order this: http://www.yoctopuce.com/EN/products/ex ... ro-usb-hub - a tiny usb hub and stuff that inside as well so I wouldn't have to remove 16 screws or hang three pigtails out my battery door whenever I need an upgrade.

Turns out, the DJI devices must share USB instance IDs or something, because I cannot connect more than one of the three devices (NAZA, PMU, iOSD) to the same computer at the same time. I even tried to bypass the micro hub and just plugged them all into my laptop at the same time, no luck.

Has anyone successfully placed these devices on a hub?

Thanks!
Dave

Sorry I can't respond t your question but I do have one of my own. How are you able to stuff PMU, GCU, and iOSD into the Phantom? Or can you show picture. Also, is there a diagram or instructions that show how the cables are connected with all three of these modules?

It wasn't easy but they fit. The most difficult part is getting those huge Canbus connectors and cables in. I've since cleaned it up a little more since I took this picture.

All components are hooked up in the usual way:

NAZA -> PMU V2 -> iOSD Mini (via Canbus) -> GCU (via Canbus). Then the Gimbal video out -> iOSD video in -> FPV transmitter.

It's nice that the iOSD Mini has the extra Canbus connector for the GCU, there's no room for the CanHUB in there.

DSC_0387_zps54ec00a3.jpg

Thanks so much. A great help. I assume then that the iOSD comes with a CAN_Bus cable? I have only the one cable that came with the Zenmuse.

OK. I see it now. Just looked at the packaging at online retailer and see that there is a CAN-Bus cable already attached to the mini. Thanks again for your help.

Hey I stumbled upon your post and happen to be setting up something similar. I assume you don't have the upgrade board installed in your phantom at the time of this post Because if you did you would be able to remove the GCU and plug the gimbal and video out directly into the upgrade board. I have all these same components but have yet to install everything so this post was very helpful. I have the upgrade board and plan on installing it to save on weight and room inside the phantom shell. What are your flight times with the setup shown in the photo?

Thanks
Michael

Hi Michael,

You are correct, I didn't go the upgrade board route. I needed an additional CANBUS port for the iOSD Mini and I don't know if the upgrade port would have provided that. I may have made some assumptions about the upgrade board because from the start, I wanted to go the seperate GCU route in case I wanted to install the H3-2D on another quad.

With what you see in the photo, plus the H3-2D, GoPro, Video TX and antenna and a Garmin GTU10 tracker - total weight is about 1218g (2.7 pounds) so flight time is about 6.5 minutes.

Happy flying!

Dave

Amazing setup!!
I'm trying to do something similar to my Phantom 1(FC40).
How did you connect the power to the PMU module?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub