Multiple flight mode or not multiple flight mode?

Reaction score
Is it safe to fly with multiple flight mode and allow craft to judge how to fly or to keep this mode off? Oh, and should IOC be enabled?

You need to enable Multiple Flight Mode if you'd like to use the different flight modes that can be enabled via the PAF switch. When in P-mode, the Phantom will automatically switch between P-GPS, P-OPTI, and P-ATTI as needed. This occurs whether or not you have Multiple Flight Mode enabled. The Phantom will never automatically switch between the PAF modes when Multiple Flight Mode enabled.

The Phantom manual covers this topic well. Search for "Flight Mode" in the manual.

Last edited:
You need to enable Multiple Flight Mode if you'd like to use the different flight modes that can be enabled via the PAF switch. When in P-mode, the Phantom will automatically switch between P-GPS, P-OPTI, and P-ATTI as needed. This occurs whether or not you have Multiple Flight Mode enabled. The Phantom will never automatically switch between the PAF modes when Multiple Flight Mode enabled.

The Phantom manual covers this topic well. Search for "Flight Mode" in the manual.
Many thanks. Just one more question. In your personal opinion, would you say that I am losing out on anything, apart from the 4K camera, with my Advanced unit as opposed to the Pro? Also, I have a LG V500 tablet which is 4.4.2 version android. I have a one to two second sync of the moving image from phantom cam to tablet. Is it the tablet, a problem with the app or my drone and any other tablets which have proved to do the job well with the p3 Advanced? Many thanks again in advanced.

would you say that I am losing out on anything, apart from the 4K camera, with my Advanced unit as opposed to the Pro?
That and the faster battery charger are the only differences. 4K is nice to have, but it comes along with other problems -- like needing a fast computer to process the videos.

If interested, you can purchase the Phantom Professional battery charger from DJI. It's about 30 minutes faster than the Phantom Advanced battery charger (for a full charge).

I have a one to two second sync of the moving image from phantom cam to tablet.
My iPad Mini 2 does this too. However, the delay is only about a 1/4 of a second. Try shutting down all other apps. If that does not help, then you might want to try a faster tablet.

Last edited:
Many thanks. Just one more question. In your personal opinion, would you say that I am losing out on anything, apart from the 4K camera, with my Advanced unit as opposed to the Pro? Also, I have a LG V500 tablet which is 4.4.2 version android. I have a one to two second sync of the moving image from phantom cam to tablet. Is it the tablet, a problem with the app or my drone and any other tablets which have proved to do the job well with the p3 Advanced? Many thanks again in advanced.
Only difference is 4K camera and 57 vs. 100 watt charger, so slightly faster charging time on pro. Lag would be due to the tablet speed and would be the same for pro or advanced.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20