Multi P3 Battery Charger - Any Real Tested Solutions...?

Reaction score
Hi all, I've read a bit on the multiple charger options out there. Seems like a lot of info regarding if the multi port parallel chargers work and if they'll harm the P3 batteries over time. I also found this eBay

Which appears to be a nice solution, especially since it's similar in price to a 100 watt factory single battery charger. My need is only for occasional use, when camping and using my portable generator to charge my batteries, and not wanting to run the generator all night to charge my 3 batteries for the next day of fun.

I'm not an engineer and was hoping to get some succinct basic info on the multi battery charging subject. That is to say, should I simply get another factory charger and charge 2 batteries at a time, or are the other less expensive solutions worth the possible risk of damaging the batteries...?

As an aside, I did utilize a power inverter to charge my third battery without the direct use of my portable generator. I know inverters aren't generally known for creating "clean" power, so I'm hopeful my battery didn't suffer any harm [emoji17]

Thanks,
Mark.

Many people are using that parallel charger. Blade Strike talks about it here. And, here's a review showing it in action.

As for inverters, some do create clean power. For example, the Wagan EL2600.

Last edited:
I've got one in my cart ....I also brought the DJI model for $105 today!

Thanks. The eBay seller agreed to $57 w/ free shipping. Just need to sell my iPad Air 2 now to be able to justify spending more $ [emoji12].

Mark.

I'm beginning to love this DJI charging hub.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1441848661.075467.jpg

have both types - one for the Inspire and one for the Phantom 3. They both work great, although there is no real time savings - it's still just charging one battery at a time. Just being able to leave them unattended is a great convenience though. You may do better on time by getting a second charger. The Inspire has a 180 watt charger you can use (stock is 100w) with this which does charge faster. Too bad you can't also use it with the P3.

Hi all, I've read a bit on the multiple charger options out there. Seems like a lot of info regarding if the multi port parallel chargers work and if they'll harm the P3 batteries over time. I also found this eBay

Which appears to be a nice solution, especially since it's similar in price to a 100 watt factory single battery charger. My need is only for occasional use, when camping and using my portable generator to charge my batteries, and not wanting to run the generator all night to charge my 3 batteries for the next day of fun.

I'm not an engineer and was hoping to get some succinct basic info on the multi battery charging subject. That is to say, should I simply get another factory charger and charge 2 batteries at a time, or are the other less expensive solutions worth the possible risk of damaging the batteries...?

As an aside, I did utilize a power inverter to charge my third battery without the direct use of my portable generator. I know inverters aren't generally known for creating "clean" power, so I'm hopeful my battery didn't suffer any harm [emoji17]

Thanks,
Mark.

I've got the blue aluminum multicharger and it works great. It gets a little noisey due to the active cooling fans but no real complaints. I've had mine a little over a week and have charged 3 batteries simultaneously about 7 or 8 times.

I bought one from banggood.com for £36 inc delivery, took 6 days to get here in the UK, very good charger , will charge upto 3 batteries and the controller at the same time. My test is a battery with around 30% charge will charge in around 60mins, plus the contacts have a rubber plug to stop it shorting out. So I think it was worth the price

Banggood has them for $46.54 with use of the coupon.

Followed SENC's link from above and placed my order.

Discount cupon: b185f7 (If you've already used it, just logout and checkout as a guest to use it again)

Will be perfect for my camp trips [emoji2].

Thanks all for the input [emoji106]

Mark.

Received my charger. Took almost 2 weeks w/ the free shipping option. Very sleek. The charging cables have little rubber protectors on the spade connectors. This seems to be an upgrade from what others have posted.

Topped up all 3 of my batteries. Very straight forward. So far so good [emoji1][emoji106].

Mark.

I have this one:
Phantom 3 - 3 Port Battery + Remote Charger | DJI Phantom Forum

I can charge three batteries and the rc at once. It has been solid, no issues so far, and was apparently designed and built for dji.

I just got that same one in one day last week. In that time I've used mine almost a dozen times and thoroughly like it. It's louder than that factory charger (since that one is silent) but not too bad. it's loudest when charging (3) batteries and the Tx which makes sense because that's when it is under the greatest load, producing the most heat and when the cooling fan is (or should be) operating at it's highest setting.

It charges all (3) packs and the Tx in around an hour splendidly. This newer version DOES have contact protective caps that slide over the the terminals.

I guess if the batteries have the smarts inside, then the non factory charger should be fine over time...

I had only planned to use my multi charger when camping, on occasion.

Mark.

Just to be safe I only charge on a concrete slab but since the "Charger" is really only a power supply I'm confident that it's simplicity is also it's greatest benefit.

I use the DJI Charging hub and it is great not having to deal with swapping. I have 4 batteries and it supports 4 so it's perfect for me. I've used it 8 times so far. In the car I use a True Sin wave inverter which charges fine although the car has to be running to have enough voltage.

Reactions: acherman
The blue charger is great for me. When camping I'll be able to charge all 3 of my batteries at once with my Honda my generator.

Reactions: BigAl07
The blue charger is great for me. When camping I'll be able to charge all 3 of my batteries at once with my Honda my generator.

I'm anxious to try it out on my power inverter when I travel.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj