Multi Charger Adaptor for Std Controller

Reaction score
I've got a multi battery charger similar to:

Amazon.com: BTG 4 in 1 4-channel Rapid Battery Charger for DJI Phantom 3 Standard Pro Advanced Battery and Remote Controller Transmitter: Toys & Games

It charges 3 batteries simultaneously, as opposed to in succession. However, one cable, meant to charge the controller (Adv or Pro), will not fit the mini USB port on the Standard controller.

I've been looking for an adaptor(s) to convert from round (see below) to mini USB, but have come up empty.

Ant ideas?

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1456448762.118737.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
After a little research this is what I've found:

The P3S controller operates 3.7 volts and the pro/advanced operates at 7.4 volts.
Micro USB chargers (used on the P3S controller and most phones) operate at 5 volts. If using a higher voltage you may damage the controller. I don't know what the output voltage or polarity of your charger is but I would be afraid to use it on a P3S controller. I did find some micro USB to barrel adapters on ebay but I really don't recommend trying this.

If you are looking for a faster charge, you can find a USB wall charger with a higher amperage. I found an insignia brand USB charger from best buy that is 2.4 amps and works quite well.

After a little research this is what I've found:

The P3S controller operates 3.7 volts and the pro/advanced operates at 7.4 volts.
Micro USB chargers (used on the P3S controller and most phones) operate at 5 volts. If using a higher voltage you may damage the controller. I don't know what the output voltage or polarity of your charger is but I would be afraid to use it on a P3S controller. I did find some micro USB to barrel adapters on ebay but I really don't recommend trying this.

If you are looking for a faster charge, you can find a USB wall charger with a higher amperage. I found an insignia brand USB charger from best buy that is 2.4 amps and works quite well.

Good catch!

Bottom line, don't use the charger meant for the P3P/P3A remote on a P3S remote.

Reactions: nattieman
Good points, thanks.

I've been trying to find definitive specs on the output of the 2.1mm barrel (no luck), or the input range limits of the micro USB, or even the range limits of the barrel input of the P3 Pro. If I had any of these #s (the #s quoted above are operating voltages, not input charging voltage), I'd know for sure. One test I can try is to get the adapter and try it on a sacrificial lamb (maybe an old BT speaker or similar), with a known input limit range around 5 volts. If it gets fried, I quit. If not, I go "hmmmmmm."

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4