Multi battery mapping missions.

Reaction score
Has anyone tried Map Pilot or Drone Deploy? If so, how does the battery change happen and are there any special requirements or instructions to do complete the mission.

Has anyone tried Map Pilot or Drone Deploy? If so, how does the battery change happen and are there any special requirements or instructions to do complete the mission.
According to Dronedeploy,:
How do I conduct a multi-battery flight in DroneDeploy in order to map a bigger area than a single battery can handle?
It’s very easy to do a battery swap and then continue your mission. Just bring the drone home when the battery gets low, swap in the new battery, and then restart your plan from the point where you left off. For a step-by-step guide, please check out How to Map Large Areas – DroneDeploy’s Blog

I have flown several jobs with the DroneDeploy app that required multiple batteries, typically two. Has worked fine every time without any issues. It is my primary mapping app.

I recently flew a 100+ acre quarry that had more than 400' of elevation change and used the Map Pilot app with the "Terrain-Aware" feature add-on. The overall mission worked great, it was amazing to watch it follow the elevation changes. The only downside is that this app does not allow for complex polygons like the DroneDeploy app, so I ended up flying over more areas than was required.

No issues the first time (tested with P3P first, then the P4P for production), but the next month, when processing the images from the P4P, the camera setting for color temperature seems to have flipped from my preset to Auto, and then back with each of four battery changes. Haven't had the opportunity to try it again to see if it was an app glitch or if I did something when switching batteries. Except for the color "bands", the images processed fine.

Pioneer Materials Quarry - Map

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair