MTOM

Reaction score
What is the MTOM (Maximum Take off Mass) of the P2 - I just can't seem to find it anywhere...?

Thanks..

Some have pushed it to 1700g and beyond, but you'll want to keep it at 1400g or below if you can help it. Anything above that is going to seriously hurt your flight time and even stability.

If you're looking for examples or more info, search (here and elsewhere online) for "AUW" or "All-Up Weight"...that's the term I see used most frequently when referring to the Phantom and other multirotors.

Pedantic mode on. As electrons weigh very little, I think we should be looking at max operating weight instead of MTOW. It's not like we're going to land any lighter than when we took off. Unless we're shedding weight by some other means. :shock:

To that end, it's probably also worthwhile looking at density altitude as a factor in operating weight. A phantom flying on a hot summer's day in Colorado will be working harder than one flying at sea level on a crisp fall day.

Also, since VRS is a reasonably big factor for the P2, we should be looking at max stable descent rate for a given weight at a given density altitude. That would look something like the charts in a 172R operating manual. Pedantic mode off.

ianwood said:
To that end, it's probably also worthwhile looking at density altitude as a factor in operating weight. A phantom flying on a hot summer's day in Colorado will be working harder than one flying at sea level on a crisp fall day.

Also, since VRS is a reasonably big factor for the P2, we should be looking at max stable descent rate for a given weight at a given density altitude. That would look something like the charts in a 172R operating manual. Pedantic mode off.

I would love to see even a basic version of that...charts for effects of various starting altitudes/densities on both VRS and flight time as well. Even just "For X starting altitude ASL, max descent speed should be Y, and flight time can be reduced by Z% on average"

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj