MR Droneworx Vision+ & Gopro Hoods + Tablet& Monitor Mounts

Reaction score
Hey guys, I designed a custom hood for the Phantom Vision+ and holders for lots of tablets so you don't have to do some hack to use them as flight monitors, as well as a quick release fpv Monitor mount. I now sell them on my webpage http://www.mrdesignworx.com Use "phantompilots" discount code for 15% off through the month of November! As always on eBay, my store is http://stores.ebay.com/MR-Droneworx. Happy flying!
Mark
*NEW* I updated both my vision+ and Gopro hoods to Rev.3 "Duckbill" hoods. They are redesigned for the best protection from the stobing effect from sun through the props. They also have been redesigned for a significantly better fit and substantially more strength without adding weight.

Attachments

• DJI-Quick-release-Mount.jpg
    DJI-Quick-release-Mount.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 979
  • HolderBackWide.jpg
    HolderBackWide.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 879
  • Duckbill-side.jpg
    Duckbill-side.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 619
  • Duckbill-quarter1.jpg
    Duckbill-quarter1.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 674
  • Duckhood-Side.jpg
    Duckhood-Side.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 594
Re: Custom vision+ hood and iPad mini & Nexus 7 mount

I like it. The set up that I have for my "7"Galaxy" tablet sucks. I'm keeping my eye on this one, as they mentioned more tablet set-ups were coming. The price is right & it looks simple and as functional as original equipment clamp is for the smaller phones.
Thanks marzvt!
Moose

The best setup i have seen is get two of the cell phone clips two gopro mounts put on back of 10" tablet and good to go when i get a chance ill post a pic its very slick with a pro-am sunshield!!

I'm interested to hear feedback on my designs. I have been using this version for a couple weeks and finally felt it was ready for prime time. Right now I'm working on a sun visor that clips on the back of the mount

Any suggestions for other tablets I should design these for? I hear samsung a lot but there are so many different versions I don't know what people are using

marzvt said:
Any suggestions for other tablets I should design these for? I hear samsung a lot but there are so many different versions I don't know what people are using

iPad Air.
Know you where hesitant but can be done? My iPad Mini weighs in at 331g and an Air is 469 g so not much more.

I have an iPad Air. I'll give it a try to see if it holds, the other option is to completely circumvent the stock holder

How easily does the camera hood come on and off? I'd still like to store my V+ with the lens cap, to ensure that it doesn't get any scratches. I really could have used something like this the other day.

Would definitely be interested in one of these. Have the Nexus 7 and will be getting my Phantom in the coming weeks.

Live in Sydney, Australia

The hood goes on ant off pretty easy after the first fit. It is designed to be tight so you don't need anything else so the first fit is more snug.

The Nexus 7 mount was the first I built because that is what I was using. The nexus 7 V1 then the V2

CRankin said:
How easily does the camera hood come on and off? I'd still like to store my V+ with the lens cap, to ensure that it doesn't get any scratches. I really could have used something like this the other day.

Great looking stuff you have there...
I'm with CRankin. The gimbal is so darn fragile, I don't like even pulling on/off the lens cover. I would not want to have to pull this sun shade off every time I wanted to put the cap on. If you could design a shade that also accepted the lens cover, that would be a huge improvement.

That's why I designed it to stay on. I didn't want to pull it on and off in the field. It actually pulls off slightly easier then the lens cap. I agree the lens cap pulls off to hard

@marzvt-
nice...
Will this Mount hook onto an iPad mini that has a case on it? ... or does the iPad mini need to be naked to fit securely?

(eg. I have a Griffin iPad mini Survivor case that is a pain to remove on/off, and would rather keep it in the case)
http://store.griffintechnology.com/surv ... -ipad-mini

thanks

Yeah, it definitely wouldn't work with that case, I might work with a skin but I work in 1-100th millimeter tolerances to ensure a secure, safe fit.

Hey guys,
Il love to get feedback from anyone who bought hoods from me. I printed them in Smart abs which breaths alittle. On person in California found that the hood was tight so I am sending him a new one. I am playing around with different materials and I make increase the diameter by a couple 100ths. Also I added extra ribs to increase the strength in the layer direction.

Attachments

• phantom-Visionplus-Hood-57.jpg
    phantom-Visionplus-Hood-57.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 605

I tried out the iPad mini mount today, and it works. The DJI clamp holds the mount very well. The only problem is that the weight of the mini makes the clamp arm swing left and right. To prevent this, I looped a cable tie from the arm to the right side of the "carrying handle", underneath the range extender. This prevents the arm from swinging left. The base of the antenna prevents it from swinging to far to the right.

Check the little hex on the dji arm if you look close there is a little hex screw. When I got my vision+ it was loose and a bit Floppy. After I tightened that everything was solid

marzvt said:
Hey guys,
Il love to get feedback from anyone who bought hoods from me. I printed them in Smart abs which breaths alittle. On person in California found that the hood was tight so I am sending him a new one. I am playing around with different materials and I make increase the diameter by a couple 100ths. Also I added extra ribs to increase the strength in the layer direction.

I just sent you a PM about buying one of these from you via the forums (always happy to save a little money by shaving off eBay fees when possible).

Got a question - would it be possible for you to design a new lens cover for the V+ that could fit around your lens hood? This might be a good solution for those like me who want to buy the hood and use it, but are concerned about the possibility of getting the V+'s lens damaged by storing it without a lens cover. This way we can have the best of both worlds - no removing the lens hood all the time, while still having the protection of a cover when not in the air.

I could probably design a lens cover for the hood, I may need to redesign the whole thing. I will put it on my list. iPad air mounts, Galaxy Tab 8, and visors for all the mounts are top of my list thought. I'm also working on a spacer kit to get the whole camera assembly away from the props, and a transmitter stand that won't block the transmitter from fitting in a carrying case.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.