MP4 conversion software

Reaction score
My editing software doesn't recognize the MP4 codec. Does anyone have recommendations for conversion software? Or what works best to maintain what quality this compressed codec does possess?

I'd like to integrate the aerial footage in with other codecs (i.e. AVCHD, DV, .MOV, Mpeg-2). As is, none of my editors will recognize it. Does anyone else use these things for more than Vimeo or YouTube (I use neither)? My current editors are: Pinnacle Studio 14, Final Cut Pro 7, Final Cut Express 4, and iMovie (though I haven't checked that one yet for compatibility). My final product is usually DVD.

So yes, I know there are tons of them out there. Just wondered if anyone has had good (or bad) experience with any particular ones.

Most movies (including MP4) can be read and converted using Quicktime Player (or Compressor).

One app that can also come in very handy is Roxio Toast Titanium, it can convert to a bunch of formats, as well as burn almost any kid of DVD and even BluRay.

I give 2 thumbs up for Handbrake. It has more options than you know what to do with but also standard options (Android, iPad etc.)

Great program!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues