Moving Phantom Locations??? (One-Way Flight)

Reaction score
The other day I was flying (normal start up GPS home tag..ect) and landed to change the battery pack. I landed the copter at a different location from original take off. Went back up in the air and decided to demonstrate the Fail safe. To my surprise It went back to its first take of point before i switched the battery. Like 250 yards away. Has anyone else tried to start the phantom in one place then land and move to another?

Re: Moving Phantom Locations???

You have to leave it stationary after powering up the rotors for some time once you have GPS lock (10s? 30s?) before it locks in the location. I'm guessing that it didn't register the second location. A little surprising since it seems you changed the battery in between?

Yes i am aware of that. I guess Im wondering if Locking the GPS can benefit with one way flights...Over a long distance. As in Power up, GPS lock, drive the phantom physically to another location then let the GPS take it home. Dji casually mentions that as long as you do not change timezones you do not have to recalibrate...Is this technically true with the gps.. In theory if it had enough power and motor stamina cold you cover long distances with the GPS Fail Safe.

media_joe said:
Yes i am aware of that. I guess Im wondering if Locking the GPS can benefit with one way flights...Over a long distance. As in Power up, GPS lock, drive the phantom physically to another location then let the GPS take it home. Dji casually mentions that as long as you do not change timezones you do not have to recalibrate...Is this technically true with the gps.. In theory if it had enough power and motor stamina cold you cover long distances with the GPS Fail Safe.

I've wondered the same thing. It would be interesting to try if you had a nice big paddock or beach.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers