Moving on!

Reaction score
Well I have loved my time on this forum getting help and helping others with some crazy stuff we have done, but as I drowned my poor standard a few weeks ago, I have purchased the new Phantom 4 and looking forward seeing the difference. It was a hard choice deciding between the professional and the 4, but it's done now so I hope I made the right choice. Happy flying :)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Even though it's water under the bridge (sorry), did you try to start the RTH via the S2 switch since the app was out. Or try to put it in A-mode via the S1 switch. Just asking in case something like this happens to me.

Last edited:
Yes I read through that short thread, but there's only discussion about what happen after the drowning and trying to calibrate it. I was inquiring about some emergency actions me might have or not have taken. The only thing he talks about is how the app was not responding, nothing on the use of either the S1 or S2 switchs to manually restarting the RTH, or putting it in A-more for manual flight.

Sorry, I deleted my post, I decided it wasn't important and you probable had followed that link.

Update me on your companion between p3s and p4. Thinking about upgrading.
It should arrive late this week. Very excited
Will let you know once I get it, but after all the reviewing and videos, I don't think I'll regret it

Even though it's water under the bridge (sorry), did you try to start the RTH via the S2 switch since the app was out. Or try to put it in A-mode via the S1 switch. Just asking in case something like this happens to me.
Yes as far as I remember I tried everything, as it was only 30 or so feet from landing, it seemed like I had seconds to think what to do. It just wouldn't move or do anything. I thought the sunshade over the phone might have been pressing on side buttons, but not sure if that would have any effect

Just thought to ask. I know when I'm in panic mode myself it seems like I have blinders on, and have a hard time remembering different things to try. That's way I started practicing different recovery techniques when calm so when the unthinkable happens perhaps it will be second nature remembering all options. As using the S1 and S2 swiching for RTH when the app is frozen and manual mode when GPS or compass goes sideways. Happen to me once when I was still new to flying and almost lost her in a swamp. Coming down in a low battery RTH mode and I remembered that I still had stick control for pitch and roll, but forgot about just canceling the RTH and flying it back manually. With high winds against my back and being over a swamp I just forgot.

Reactions: gvsukids
Yes, test your panic modes I have had my share, now that weather is better, going to do some ATT flying more.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20