moves sideways after releasing controls

Reaction score
Website
www.stevenmichelsen.com
I just got my P3A last week.

I notice that when I fly it in a straight line (always nose-out), then release the controls, the P3A jumps to the left about 3-4 feet after flying forwards (away from me), and jumps 3-4 to the right after flying backwards (towards me). In both cases it will then settle back a foot or so. Is this simply a function of the GPS getting it's bearings after input stops from the radio? Or something else?

I also notice that it does not track perfectly straight when flying straight forward or backwards.

Any thoughts on all this?

BTW here's its maiden flight...

Last edited:
Back in my phantom 1 days straight ahead never really seemed to be straight, especially the first couple feet after leaving a hover. I still seem to notice it with my P3A, though not nearly as pronounced. I have learned to live with it.

The moving sideways I can't answer.

For flying straight, try home lock or course lock. Think about it, if the bird has the tiniest bit of yaw in it (impossible to see with your eyes) over the course of many feet it will look off course.

I think my first move would be an IMU calibration (and make sure you use a dead-level surface). You should be able to more or less check the RC calibration by verifying on-screen controls are centered when your hands are off.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair