Moverio Glasses and the new Vision App

Reaction score
Pardon the new topic, but wanted to get the word out - the Moverio glasses aren't happy with the new Vision app. Initially, I noticed that the ground station feature wasn't working (you can't open it) and after several flights I've concluded that it's just not stable to use. On several flights, I've lost FPV after about one minute or so, and when it reconnects it will not re-sync the video - you get telemetry but a black video screen. I switched to the iPhone with the new version and it works fine. But for now I'm going back to version 1.04 of the app. It works with no problem with the glasses. Fortunately, droneslinger's website has all the old versions in case you (like me) blew off your previous download.

http://droneslinger.com/software.html

Bummer....Reading your other posts you were very happy with them.
Are the Moverio glasses able to get firmware updates ?

Double-D said:

So far, no updates to the operating system and Epson doesn't have a google.play store set up for the US yet. I really like the glasses and after using them it's the only way to fly. You've got this nice bright image in front of you where you can actually see stuff. On any other device I've tried (phone, tablets) it washes out in daylight or is so small you strain to see. You also get a pretty immersive experience, like a video game.

To be fair, someone else with them may not be having a problem with the upgrade and FPV. But, I've read other posts about the GS not working with the glassess. It could be something that will be addressed by a system update at a later time. On two flights, I lost FPV much closer than normal and it seemed to not be able to re-sync. Losing the feed might not have been the update's fault, but I've never had a situation before where it simply would not recover. I even tried restarting the app but it didn''t help. I was getting telemetry (battery, sats, altitude, distance) but no video.

I've gone back to 1.04 which works without any problems. If I want to use the GS option I can always use the phone for it.

Hi, i'm waiting delivery of a pair of the bt200s here to NZ, can't wait to try them out. Have you managed to get the wi fi booster app loaded and working with yours? Thanks. Mike

Tails_Up said:
Double-D said:

So far, no updates to the operating system and Epson doesn't have a google.play store set up for the US yet. I really like the glasses and after using them it's the only way to fly. You've got this nice bright image in front of you where you can actually see stuff. On any other device I've tried (phone, tablets) it washes out in daylight or is so small you strain to see. You also get a pretty immersive experience, like a video game.

To be fair, someone else with them may not be having a problem with the upgrade and FPV. But, I've read other posts about the GS not working with the glassess. It could be something that will be addressed by a system update at a later time. On two flights, I lost FPV much closer than normal and it seemed to not be able to re-sync. Losing the feed might not have been the update's fault, but I've never had a situation before where it simply would not recover. I even tried restarting the app but it didn''t help. I was getting telemetry (battery, sats, altitude, distance) but no video.

I've gone back to 1.04 which works without any problems. If I want to use the GS option I can always use the phone for it.

At least you can still use them. Just hope it's sorted out soon.
You're not missing much being only one version of the app behind though you don't want to miss out on any other major future updates.
I'm seriously looking at getting a pair though I need a bit more paid work with mine to justify the $.
You would think Epson would be on top of it considering the promotional push they did with the Vision+. I'm guessing even they have a hard time dealing with Dji.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic