Mov vs mp4 with android

Reaction score
Mov will not download to galaxy s7 I can see it with the card reader but when I try to copy or move the file it never shows up is this normal

.mov videos are an Apple product. There's probably an Android app out there that will play them (I know there are Windows apps that will. But I don't know. Part of my issue with the Android platform is there seem to be several semi-versions of the OS, depending on who made the device.

There are apps out there that will probably change the format of your video too.

I'd suggest you record in MP4 in the future. I shoot commercially, am a Mac kinda guy but always shoot in MP4.

SB

I think VLC player will work with most formats and it's available for Android as well
Yep VLC player will play and or convert many video types and it's free. Conversion is very fast from .mov to .mp4 as it is the same codec in a different envelop.

Yes, if you want to use MOV files on Android phone, we should convert MOV to MP4. MOV files are playable in Apple product, and the storage of MOV is larger than MP4 without quality difference. Rename MOV files on Windows, or use the QuickTime to convert MOV to MP4 for free.

I use a MacBook pro so I shoot in mov, some say it is better quality. I don't know for sure, but if it is better I use it!
Mov will not download to galaxy s7 I can see it with the card reader but when I try to copy or move the file it never shows up is this normal

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan