Mounting VR/360 cam to phantom

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I want to mount a 360/VR cam to my Phantom 3 Professional. I have a few ideas of how I could do it but have two questions

Is there an official carrying capacity for the P3P listed anywhere?

What are other people using to mount non-OEM gimbals and cameras to their Phantoms?

BH

Its a relatively new market.
I'm waiting for the Pixpro SP360-4K (black). The current SP360 cams look like they have issues with resolution. Its far too grainy when stretched for VR.
Look at the Ricoh Theta and Gyroptic as alternatives also..

thanks for the reply ... I think you misunderstood my question though. I wasn't asking about cameras, rather mounting of cameras and gimbals onto a Phantom 3 Professional

I thought the clip would of helped you. See the way he has mounted it?

The P3 can handle the weight. It can carry a 1kg bucket.

Pixpro and Gyroptic use the universal camera screw mount. If you have a gimbal protector that spans from leg to leg, you can simply attached the camera to the base via the pre drilled holes and face the camera down. Just launch it like the youtube clip above and hand catch when landing.

As far as I know, there are no gimbals designed for the 360cam units.

I am planning to mod an existing H32D for the Pixpro 360 4K. It should be able to handle the weight as it is lighter than the Gopro 3 (Sp360 is 103grams). The SP360 4k should be similar weight. There is a HDMI port which means it can output for FPV.

very interesting. thanks!

i did see how he mounted it but I think without a gimbal the sway would make for some pretty ugly video and/or make the viewer sick if using a VR rig.

I'm going to mount a two-axis gimbal like this one RCTIMER 2-Axis Brushless Gimbal For GoPro onto the P3P and remove one of the struts so I can mount the camera with it's weight roughly centered in the gimbal. Hoping to try this afternoon if the weather permits. I think I'm at about 400 grams with the gimbal, camera and battery for gimbal. No video out on the camera I am testing though sadly.

You mentioned that the P3P "can" lift 1KG, while that's great I'm wondering if it would damage the motors at all, or perhaps void the warranty?

very interesting. thanks!

i did see how he mounted it but I think without a gimbal the sway would make for some pretty ugly video and/or make the viewer sick if using a VR rig.

I'm going to mount a two-axis gimbal like this one RCTIMER 2-Axis Brushless Gimbal For GoPro onto the P3P and remove one of the struts so I can mount the camera with it's weight roughly centered in the gimbal. Hoping to try this afternoon if the weather permits. I think I'm at about 400 grams with the gimbal, camera and battery for gimbal. No video out on the camera I am testing though sadly.

You mentioned that the P3P "can" lift 1KG, while that's great I'm wondering if it would damage the motors at all, or perhaps void the warranty?
Nice. Would love to see the results.

What 360 cam are you mounting btw?

Having some issues with the gimbal holding the camera due to it's heavier weight and off-balance but gonna give it another go today and work on counter-balancing it and tuning the gimbal settings. Will report back!

The camera I am using right now is the 360FLY, it's awesome!

BH

I am trying to find a gimbals that I can mount in order to get some shoots with the 360 fly....

I am trying to find a gimbals that I can mount in order to get some shoots with the 360 fly....

Hi there, i am trying to find same solution (360 cam with gimbal) for my inspire 1, did you find any good results?
Thanks

Lucho

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20