Mounting the transmitter

Reaction score
How does one mount a transmitter onto the quad? On one side, I have cooling fins, on the other, components, one of which is taller than the rest.

Thanks.

Typically you'd mount the side opposite the fan with some sort of double stick tape. What model transmitter do you have?

Here is what I came up with. I made a little "box" from Kydex. I used hot glue around the antenna stud and at the corners of the heat sink.

For those that don't know, Kydex is used in making gun holsters. You can buy it in sheets at Amazon. You heat it up \in an oven or like I do, with a heat gun and it is pliable. Bend it to the shape and let it cool and it gets hard again. I cut out a piece of wood the size of the piece I am using, heat and bend each bend separately.

I draw out the pattern on paper and transfer it to the Kydex

I'll use Velcro to hold it onto my quad.

Here is what I use:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004UBUX5C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attachments

• Transmitter.JPG
    Transmitter.JPG
    224.3 KB · Views: 402
I misread fin for fan in your original post. I think it's time for some reading glasses! It looks like you've already come up with a solution but some double stick on the heat sink would have been fine. I have a TS353 mounted that way and it's fine. It's barely even warm to the touch when I land.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4