mounting question

Reaction score
Hi guys,

First of am like on day two of my new drone phantom 2... However I have an issue see I bought the phantom without the HD 3 gimble so now on my drone on the bottom I have gap where that's ment to fit in.
As the gimble is so expensive (am saving) is they any decent mount bracket you guys know of that I can use to put my gopro on to the phantom and actually start taking some decent pictures

Thanks

Dam

Hi guys,

First of am like on day two of my new drone phantom 2... However I have an issue see I bought the phantom without the HD 3 gimble so now on my drone on the bottom I have gap where that's ment to fit in.
As the gimble is so expensive (am saving) is they any decent mount bracket you guys know of that I can use to put my gopro on to the phantom and actually start taking some decent pictures

Thanks

Dam

You should have some GoPro adhesive mounts that you can use to mount the GoPro with. You might what to use the frame to mount the camera in instead of the waterproof case.

Now the Phantom 2 NV operates on a frequency of 2.4Ghz and if you intend to use the cameras wifi that wouldn't be wise as it uses the same frequency and you will loose control of the P2. Also if you are thinking of taking video with camera on a fixed mount the footage will not be great.

Reactions: 750r
Would I be able to get good still from the footage?

I didn't think the gimble would be that expensive

Would I be able to get good still from the footage?

I didn't think the gimble would be that expensive

Without being able to trigger or see what the camera sees it would be potluck on what you kind of photos you get. Just to make it clear you cannot use the the GoPro's wifi as it use the same 2.4Ghz frequency as the P2 and you cause you to loose control of the craft. You would really need a complete first person view (FPV) system including a gimbal to take photos from a P2.

I use a GoPro Hero4, and I set mine to "Video+Photo" mode just before takeoff, turning off the wireless when I'm done setting the GoPro, of course. So with that setting, you get 1080p/30 video with a 12MP still every 5 seconds. Doing that, you get shots like this...

east-providence-sunset-9-19-2015_21426769259_o.jpg

Reactions: 750r

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31