MOUNTING PLATE V INSTALLATION KIT?

Reaction score
Whats the difference?

I cant work it out lol

Just a bit more info would be helpful. ;)

Not having the 4, I have no experience with installing either but, it appears the difference between the two is the metal plate. ? Price $3. vs $9. Funny thing is, the one pictured w/o the plates is the $9 one. It also says it is better than the "previous" versions. If that's any help to you.

The first ones have a coil spring that goes round the motor shaft to lock the props in position. The second ones are the same as the ones fitted as originals (with 3 springy tabs). The new ones are meant to be more secure, as some people had found that that the springy tabs on the originals tend to lose their spring after a while, meaning there's a danger of a prop coming loose.

Reactions: Dazzauk
The first ones have a coil spring that goes round the motor shaft to lock the props in position. The second ones are the same as the ones fitted as originals (with 3 springy tabs). The new ones are meant to be more secure, as some people had found that that the springy tabs on the originals tend to lose their spring after a while, meaning there's a danger of a prop coming loose.

So the ones without the metal plates are better?

Cheers

DJI obviously think so,as they brought them out to solve a possible problem. Personally, I'm in no hurry to change mine yet, but I'll be keeping a close watch on my springy tabs. ;)

Reactions: Dazzauk
This is weird and may not have any bearing on the topic here but DJI sent me a new Phantom 4 to shut me up from pressing why mine inverted and crashed. This new Phantom 4 was received in perfect complete condition EXCEPT there were no mounting springs or the metal rings with the 3 "springy" tabs on them. In fact, someone went to a lot of trouble just to remove these parts and screw the screws back into the mount. I have not been able to find out from DJI why but it just might have something to do with the type of devices that were removed from my drone. I suspect that my new drone had the new type of mounts with the coil springs and they were removed with the intent to replace with the old type but no one ever did and the drone got shipped out without these critical parts. Again, I have no idea what this might say about either type of mount but I just thought I would mention it. If anyone knows the answer, please share here.

Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic