mounting mobile device holder

Reaction score
Hello,

Newbie owner here trying to not worry about firmware updates bricking this thing :)

That said, I am just figuring out the best way to mount the mobile device holder on the remote. I have used the M3 0*8 screws and put them on the metal bar, but it swings around freely. Not wanting to overtorque these screws or anything, should I be putting this as close as possible to the remote (as shown in the instructions), or should I try to put it on the "angle side" (farthest point away from the remote), where I've seen a few images on the internet do it.

I've tried both and it just allows the holder to swing loosely, unless I push it as far forward as I can, then some resistance kicks in and it seems a bit steadier but it doesn't take much to slide it back down freely and let the whole holder spin freely.

Thanks for any tips

iowastate89 said:
Hello,

Newbie owner here trying to not worry about firmware updates bricking this thing :)

That said, I am just figuring out the best way to mount the mobile device holder on the remote. I have used the M3 0*8 screws and put them on the metal bar, but it swings around freely. Not wanting to overtorque these screws or anything, should I be putting this as close as possible to the remote (as shown in the instructions), or should I try to put it on the "angle side" (farthest point away from the remote), where I've seen a few images on the internet do it.

I've tried both and it just allows the holder to swing loosely, unless I push it as far forward as I can, then some resistance kicks in and it seems a bit steadier but it doesn't take much to slide it back down freely and let the whole holder spin freely.

Thanks for any tips

I bought mine when DJI still had their Tutorial videos online. There you could see Colin put it closest to the remote.
But I also bought a case for the Vision and when install it like that it couldn't fit into the case. So I ended up putting it on the "angle side" (farthest point away from the remote) which works perfectly.

I don't know why yours swings around freely, are you sure you can't tighten the screws a little more?

If you are worried about over-tightening, just cut a short length out of an elastic band and sandwich it with the clamp. When you tighten up the screws, the rubber will not be visible but should give you enough friction on the metal rail that it should stay in place nicely.

Studiowise said:
If you are worried about over-tightening, just cut a short length out of an elastic band and sandwich it with the clamp. When you tighten up the screws, the rubber will not be visible but should give you enough friction on the metal rail that it should stay in place nicely.

Good idea, and you will still be able to move it a little to exact the position you want.

I have this exact same problem, how do you fit the mobile device mount without it slipping round?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers