Mounting iPad mini on phantom 3 std

Reaction score
I am going nuts trying to figure out optimal mounting for this bracket that will allow antenna to remain vertical. Can someone please post a picture? The way I have it mounted looks and feels stupid.

Thanks
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1469825099.513034.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1469825127.707038.jpg

Turn the antenna 90 degrees to the right/left. The tip does not have to be pointing straight up into the air. It's only important that the long side of the antenna points at your Phantom at all times.

Reactions: cfd701
Pick up a DJI Inspire mount. Awesome mod for the Phantom 3S, allows you to use the windsurfer range extender with no problem at all. Rock solid too.

IMG_1383.jpg

IMG_1384.jpg

IMG_1385.jpg

IMG_1386.jpg

IMG_1387.jpg

IMG_1388.jpg

Pick up a DJI Inspire mount. Awesome mod for the Phantom 3S, allows you to use the windsurfer range extender with no problem at all. Rock solid too.
That looks really good! Does the same mount allow the use of an iPhone 6 as well?

Also, I thought using the DJI Inspire mount required drilling a hole in the top of the P3S controller?

That looks really good! Does the same mount allow the use of an iPhone 6 as well?

Also, I thought using the DJI Inspire mount required drilling a hole in the top of the P3S controller?
yes you can and no don't have to drill

Reactions: cfd701
How much side to side sway is there? I wound up doing the insert mod on mine as there was just too much movement, especially w my IPad mini and I was afraid of snapping the case where the inspire mount is attached.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

got mount from helidirect ebay has them other part inspire holder off amazon does come with mount but would have to drill so take that one off and put on other one you buy

How much side to side sway is there? I wound up doing the insert mod on mine as there was just too much movement, especially w my IPad mini and I was afraid of snapping the case where the inspire mount is attached.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
mine is super stable
2016-02-23 17.49.27.jpg

yes on holder no on mount bought separate

I am going nuts trying to figure out optimal mounting for this bracket that will allow antenna to remain vertical. Can someone please post a picture? The way I have it mounted looks and feels stupid.

Thanks View attachment 61015View attachment 61016
I can't really tell from that pic but it looks like u have that bracket on backwards. Better pic?

This is what i did on mine.
6edaeb646cdb58c94f952e851fd33b6e_thumb.jpg

e97c2395c788fc96be5c065a0cf3b736_thumb.jpg

d5d261ab9a8dd92c850d4d29130e4da6.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:

Hi, you don't need to drill a hole, although some people do. There are some Inspire mounts which have the plastic mounting arm which are slightly less stable. Go for a genuine DJI Inspire mount like the one in my pictures and the mounting arm is alloy which is much more stable. Mine is rock solid with a tablet or an iPhone 5. And yes, there are flip down securing points on the mount which allow you to either mount a phone or a tablet. The Inspire mount is a HUGE improvement over the original phone mount which comes with the Standard. I originally bought a cheap plastic tablet mount from eBay which was nowhere near as good as the original DJI one. I can highly recommend this mod, well worth doing. :)

Reactions: mike.alexander

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4