Mounting gimbal board, RC transmitter, & datalink outside?

Reaction score
Does anyone have any pictures of this combination? I've got the Zenmuse gimbal board and RC transmitter on the bottom, behind the gimbal; I'd like to mount the datalink board for the ipad ground station on the outside too for easy access and to insure no interference from inside, but not sure how I can cram all three underneath. Any suggestions?

Re: Mounting gimbal board, RC transmitter, & datalink outsid

slopokdave said:
Does anyone have any pictures of this combination? I've got the Zenmuse gimbal board and RC transmitter on the bottom, behind the gimbal; I'd like to mount the datalink board for the ipad ground station on the outside too for easy access and to insure no interference from inside, but not sure how I can cram all three underneath. Any suggestions?

This isn't mine, but it's the photo I used to set mine up...

Attachments

• IMG_2443.JPG
    IMG_2443.JPG
    146.3 KB · Views: 472

JTBernier said:
slopokdave said:

This isn't mine, but it's the photo I used to set mine up...

Interesting, how do they release the battery considering the bottom tab is blocked???

slopokdave said:
Interesting, how do they release the battery considering the bottom tab is blocked???

an excellent point, I always try to warn people about that.
So stacking is an option, also this other guy just posted pics of his setup today, I thought it was an interesting place to put the FPV transmitter, may give you some inspiration:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=33358

slopokdave said:

Mine is arranged with a little more space, so pinching the battery clips isn't difficult.

We finished up this past weekend, I'll take some pics of how we ended up and hopefully it helps someone else.

slopokdave said:

I have seen FPV transmitter installed on the landing gears...that should free up space at the back.
the zenmuse board can be easily installed inside the phantom. the longer cable from the phantom to the board can be swapped with the cable from board to gimbal. Just placed the zenmuse board inside the phantom ( double side tape) then thread the wires through.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj